Rebuild Omnipro setup for new homeowner

O.K. It looks like you are connecting, but if I look at your picture, looks like not that much is wired to it.

Here is the installers guide. HAI Installer Guide

Look on page 10 and you can see the terminal locations. Yours doesn't seem to have much wired to it, which is strange if it was ever fully functional. It may be just a very minimal installation, maybe one smoke alarm and a motion sensor. I would check for window and door sensors. So if you open a window, there could be a magnet in the window, and sensor in the sill. On a door, the magnet is inserted in a door and the sensor is in the frame.

So with an alarm, the biggest expense is installing all the sensors and wiring then. The actual panel is the cheap part. I don't see any siren, phone connection, zones, etc. So the question is was it disconnected, or was it never installed? If you never had this stuff installed, or the previous owner never did, then your probably wasting your time with it, as it looks like not much is there.

Looks like there is only a couple of zones connected along the bottom terminals. I see more wires than connections there on the left.

Are any of the 22/4, 22/2 or catxx wires labeled or are they just sitting on the bottom of the media panel?

Typically the white and yellow wires are 22/4 or 22/2 cables. 22/4 could be wired PIRs and 22/4 could be wired contacts.

Along the bottom of the panel you will see zones labeled 1-16.

You cannot configure in PCA what is not wired to the panel. You will need to trace the unconnected cables from the media panel to where they go in your home.

You cannot configure in PCA what is not wired to the panel. You will need to trace the unconnected cables from the media panel to where they go in your home.
True.
Unless there are any Expansion Enclosures.

I had one installation where the "main" board had the Smokes and Siren with a few zones, while the majority of doors/window sensors were pulled to a couple of Expansion Enclosures located elsewhere on the property. (Also, HAI wireless sensors and receivers are configured as Expansion Enclosures.)

architechnj, I have a suggestion:
While in Dealer PC Access, connect to the Panel: Communications/Connect/Network.
Read the data from the Panel: Communications/Read from Controller...
Make sure all options are selected. Press OK.
This will take awhile. When it completes, the 'pop-up' window will close.
Now check number of EEs: Status/Control. then Expansion.

How many Expansion Enclosures are listed?
If none listed, disregard everything I just said.
If there are any listed, you need to find where they are located.

There is another board on the left under main board. Move the cables to the left or out of the media panels holding the cables with painters tape.

I just see the voice audio board above main board.

Take a picture of the end of the cables and a picture of the main board with the cables pulled aside.

Back