PCS, creators of UPB, considering offering HAI OmniPro repair service, input needed!

Me too. I asked Leviton for the info now that they were discontinued and no response (as expected).

Am I missing any other devices that used this bus? Were there any aftermarket items that used it?
-33A00 Consoles
-17A01 Remote Zone Expander
-42A00 Wireless Receivers

So this little bombshell dropped in my mailbox today. I quickly checked with Marshall, @mlester on the forums, and he confirmed the email. I highly recommend you post in this thread if you have any investment in the HAI ecosystem, and/or have detailed knowledge about this hardware. I removed the email address and phone number for obvious privacy reasons, but Marshall says he will monitor the thread, and if needed, I can share the details in private if you didn't receive this email.

PCS has been around for a long time, and have always been impressed with both customer service and hardware quality, so I do believe this would be a huge win for the many OmniPro users out there. See below for original announcement.
Hey there, i am a long time hai dealer with likely 100 systems out there. I have lots of parts, mostly good, but would like the option to have ones repaired if you get this on the ground. Add me to your list. tks

So this little bombshell dropped in my mailbox today. I quickly checked with Marshall, @mlester on the forums, and he confirmed the email. I highly recommend you post in this thread if you have any investment in the HAI ecosystem, and/or have detailed knowledge about this hardware. I removed the email address and phone number for obvious privacy reasons, but Marshall says he will monitor the thread, and if needed, I can share the details in private if you didn't receive this email.

PCS has been around for a long time, and have always been impressed with both customer service and hardware quality, so I do believe this would be a huge win for the many OmniPro users out there. See below for original announcement.
I have purchased several PCS UPB Receptacle Modules (15 AMP) the last three years (unfortunately I haven't had the spare time to install and implement). I have been a fan of the application notes they have on there website geared to PCS/OMNI II Integration.

I need to address the lack of Ethernet Connection issues OMNI II Pro has been exhibiting since I added DMZ Router (to reduce IP Flooding), but that too has taken a back seat to life in general. I will watch in interest.

Hi Marshall here.
To get this off the ground please send some bad HAI OMNI products to my attn at PCS. Main boards, consoles, expansion, etc.
If you know what doesn't work put a note on the part.
I will send you some PCS switches or SPR's in return. Tell me what you want/need.
To actually help the users I think we need a stock of working parts so HAI dealers can order a replacement with no turnaround time. Not just - we will repair your board.
If anyone out there has any schematics please email them to me.
Hello Marshall,
I'm not sure where you stand on equipment and schematics ,etc. I worked a gentlemen in my area (SC) who did a lot of engineering on the HAI product lines. He did a good bit of work on the HAI UPB devices. Tony Stewart (Stewart Electronics) has been in the HAI world since the beginning. I know he's retired now but I still keep in contact. Let me know how I could be of assistance.
Bryan

Back