HAI UPB Install

I purchased the Simply automated starter kit (3 switches and one controller) and 1 HAI PIM and cable for OmniProII connection.
The OmniPro II only knows how to configure HAI branded devices. That is why you are getting "unknown device" messages.

Thanks Brian. The OmniPro II combo with the Simply automated switch is currently providing my needs and working the way I want it to. Whole approach is "baby steps" and gradual as I become familiar with the devices.

If you ever give the HAI switches a spin they are really easy to configure. Basically just wire them in and a few keystrokes later they are good to go. If I can install them anyone can!

Thanks Brian. The OmniPro II combo with the Simply automated switch is currently providing my needs and working the way I want it to. Whole approach is "baby steps" and gradual as I become familiar with the devices.

Sorry for the "n00b" nature of this question, but I think it falls in line with this topic.

My house has an Omni IIe system which was installed before we moved in. We also have an OmniTouch 5.7 touchscreen for interface, and I have PCAccess (non-dealer version) for programming. I recently decided to add 8 600W UPB Dimmer switches. I configured these switches via UPStart.

None of the switches show up in PCAccess or on the touchscreen. Should I assume I need the dealer version of PCAccess to enable these switches for programming, and to show up on the touchscreen? Or is there some other way I can get the names to show up?

Thanks for any help.

You need to name the HAI units that correspond to the UPB dimmers. The device ID that was set in UPStart will correspond to the HAI unit number. You can name the units with your version of UPStart. You may want to revisit your UPB configuration and let the Omni IIe configure the switches. It makes things a lot more fool-proof. After configuring the switches with the Omni IIe you can use UPStart to make any minor adjustments you want.

Going slow but replacing all of combo Insteon/X10 light switches over to UPB.

As I have redone just about every room in the home to have modified electric outlets provide a switched ® sided outlet and a (L) always on outlet on typically 4 electrical outlets per room.

The kitchen (8 or so cans) and front hallway chandelier (12 or so lamps) are the most "higher" powered switches and most likely will do the chandelier first. I also added a chandelier motor winch of sorts that's using a low voltage keyswitch (looks like a garage door opener motor in the attic). Having a remote control for this device would help some.

I only utilize the appliance devices for landscaping transformers (3 600-1200watt), Christmas lights and a "few" non switched outlets in the home.

Meanwhile also adding Z-Wave to the mix replacing a "few" appliance/lighting modules over to Z-Wave.

For the time being (not sure how long that will be) will have X-10, UPB and Z-Wave powerline controllers plugged into the Omni Pro panel.

I see that I have no issues right now with X-10 and UPB running concurrently but not sure what'll happen when I add Z-Wave to the mix.

I am going to guess that it'll not be much of an issue except relating to RF already with telephones, 802.XX, X10 wireless, etc.

I also added a chandelier motor winch of sorts that's using a low voltage keyswitch (looks like a garage door opener motor in the attic). Having a remote control for this device would help some.

You might look at the Simply Automated UMI

Seen Here

You could remotely control the winch from anywhere you want.

Dave

Hey all - I have been trying to get my Simply Automated switches working with the OmniPro IIe. What I have done:

- Configured my UPB network using UpStart. Everything works. Switches are Units 1 and 2.
- Configured OPIIe with my UPB house code and password, also configured Serial Port 3 to use UPB.
- Placed the HAI UPB PIM into "messaging mode" (using 5-10-1) and plugged into Serial Port 3 (leaving jumper as default, no red light is iluminated on board)
- Configured House code 1-4 as UPB on the console
- Named the devices in PCA (under Unit 1 and Unit 2), With House Code format as UPB.

I cant get these things to work through PC Access! Help!

Are you trying unit commands or links?

When you say the UPStart network is working, do the switches respond to links or do only the front rockers work?

When you send UPB links over the power lines, do you see UPB activity at the Omni panel?

Are you trying unit commands or links?

When you say the UPStart network is working, do the switches respond to links or do only the front rockers work?

When you send UPB links over the power lines, do you see UPB activity at the Omni panel?

Unit Commands.

Switches respond to commands via UPStart.

When I send a link from PCA to the Switch, no activity is noted.

I think the PIM is not set up correctly with the panel.
If you are using the same PIM with UPStart then the PIM is working.

Check the jumper on the Omni panel is set to rs-232 not 485.

If you are using the same PIM with UPStart, are you absolutely sure you're putting it in message mode when exiting?
Are you're hearing the PIM buzz (transmitting) when you are sending commands from the controller?
(You said no activity was noted but I'm not sure if you just mean the lights don't work.)

Back