Haiku Haiku is now Space, available shortly!

SJHart said:
First of all, congratulations on designing a very easy to use, simple and intuitive interface. I was on board with your first product and am truly pleased with what you have done. I'm a little late to the party because of other things going on, but WOW you guys really understand interface design. You might beware of Leviton buying you out because you have hit a home run with this product. I installed and had no issues understanding the interface, etc. works with my system with no issues. Really like the camera interface and lighting controls. Really a great product. Thank you! SJ
Thanks for the feedback! We're working to add lots more features!

Good Job!

The temperature on the Home Page looks to be Celsius, any way to make it Fahrenheit?

Paul

av8r said:
Good Job!

The temperature on the Home Page looks to be Celsius, any way to make it Fahrenheit?

Paul
It should match whatever your controller is set to. Does it not match?

One issue on the audio interface. If I go to the audio popup for a particular zone and click on the source it exits the app. Does it every time. I can not change the source. 
This is a Russound CAV6.6 and HAI OPII. It works fine in the last version of Haiku. 

jay01 said:
One issue on the audio interface. If I go to the audio popup for a particular zone and click on the source it exits the app. Does it every time. I can not change the source. 
This is a Russound CAV6.6 and HAI OPII. It works fine in the last version of Haiku.
An update to fix this is coming in the next few days.

Update: 1.02 should fix this issue, now available via the App Store.

I just tested 1.02 and it did fix the "Select Audio Source" problem with my RUSSOUND system. It is working well without any crashes.

Can you add the UP and DOWN arrows in the music transport controls - it is the only way to change playlists from a connected iPod.

Thanks,

Jim

Maksim, did you send out an email announcing the "upgrade" to Space for all existing Haiku users?  If I hadn't just stumbled onto it in this thread I wouldn't have even known the new product was available.  I've been waiting for RTSP/H.264 support since I first bought Haiku, so this upgrade is a big deal for me.  Thanks!

Perhaps you could push out a new version of Haiku that includes a note about the new Space product?  Or maybe Apple prohibits this when they're from two different publishers?  Just a thought.

First off I love HAIKU.  I really only use the basic functionality but I am looking to use more in the future.  In the past I was under the impression that I had to use HAIKU helper to receive push notifications that a zone became not secure or an event along those lines.  In the product description for both HAIKU and Space you state that they support push notifications.  What push notifications do they support without their respective "Helper"?  Am I reading this incorrectly?  If you need the helper to get notifications then that should be made more clear in the product description.  If I am incorrect then what push notifications should I be able to get without the helper?

"Of course we've also re-added almost all of the features you've come to love in Haiku! Including multipe controller support, text-to-speech, wall mount mode, HLC scene programming, push notifications, weather display, custom names, user settings and more."

dshollis said:
First off I love HAIKU.  I really only use the basic functionality but I am looking to use more in the future.  In the past I was under the impression that I had to use HAIKU helper to receive push notifications that a zone became not secure or an event along those lines.  In the product description for both HAIKU and Space you state that they support push notifications.  What push notifications do they support without their respective "Helper"?  Am I reading this incorrectly?  If you need the helper to get notifications then that should be made more clear in the product description.  If I am incorrect then what push notifications should I be able to get without the helper?
To receive push notifications in Space you will need Space Server running on a Mac.

2MuchTech said:
Maksim, did you send out an email announcing the "upgrade" to Space for all existing Haiku users?  If I hadn't just stumbled onto it in this thread I wouldn't have even known the new product was available.  I've been waiting for RTSP/H.264 support since I first bought Haiku, so this upgrade is a big deal for me.  Thanks!

Perhaps you could push out a new version of Haiku that includes a note about the new Space product?  Or maybe Apple prohibits this when they're from two different publishers?  Just a thought.
We did send out a push notification today. We've just been busy getting rid of any bugs that snuck into 1.0.

jlipsit said:
I just tested 1.02 and it did fix the "Select Audio Source" problem with my RUSSOUND system. It is working well without any crashes.

Can you add the UP and DOWN arrows in the music transport controls - it is the only way to change playlists from a connected iPod.
We're planning on expanding the audio controls.

I love your apps lup! Been with you from the start. Haiku helper has been flawless... I've been away from CT and was unaware of your new threads about Space.
After such a long quiet time... following the CT Haiku changes thread (via email) with no signs of life... Then this happens...

Today out of nowhere... I get "test"...  and again "test"... notifications on my phone and it's from Haiku Helper running on my server... Crap!

I was ready to rush to my offsite server location just to make sure all is well. Then soon I get another notification... it's an ad for the Space upgrade...
I Logged in to CT to make sure it's Lup and wheew... Bought it immediately.

However, I want to go on record saying that I don't EVER want to have an upgrade promo pushed through Haiku Helper or any future server for Space. At least I want to know that can happen. It never has before. I want to opt out of anyone but my Omni system sending me messages through Space. 

Sure, I want you to get the word out but not on MY mac push-notification server that's attached to the company's security system.
With all due respect. Great job on Space!

Back