Hard-wired smoke detectors connect to alarm panel

hgupta1

The building inspector wants hard-wired smoke detectors installed in every bedroom of a home that I am renovating.

Is there a way to link them to the alarm panel as well?
Thanks,

Hemant

Do a quick search here for 120 volt smoke detectors, there has been much discussion on that subject.

GE ESL 350cx

Those are 110V, battery backed up smokes, that have flying leads for form c relays. You should be able to use those without a problem.

GE ESL 350cx

Those are 110V, battery backed up smokes, that have flying leads for form c relays. You should be able to use those without a problem.

My builder installed a bunch of USI-1204 smokes. When one goes off, they all go off. So I replaced one of my smokes with a GE ESL350CX. This unit has both a N/O and a N/C form C relay (choose one). Don't forget to use an end of line resistor, then just connect the two wires from the ESL350CX to an unused zone on your alarm panel.

Does anyone know if I can use the GE ESL 350cx smoke detector with Kidde brand detectors? Do all smoke detectors use a 9V (I think) trigger? My house has Kidde detectors that are all wired together. I would like to connect the detectors to my Elk panel so that I can have it monitor them. The GE detector would be an easy way to do this.

Thanks.

Back