Help my name my Comany!!!!

opie said:
pkoslow said:
As a side note, both www.thewireguy.com and www.thewireguys.com are both already registered.  I think you'll find that picking a name you like is only a small part of the equation... as Electron eluded, finding a name you like that still has an available domain name is the tricky part!

Use a "whois" service like the one linked here to check and see if a domain is already taken: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp
FWIW, if you find something you like, register it ASAP. When I was looking for domain names, one of my first coices was available and I waited a few hours to register it. When I tried to sign-up, it had been poached. I have never confirmed this, but I was told people will monitor whois inquiries and register them so you have to buy the domain from them at a premium.
That really pisses me off. How do those guys get access to the whois queries?

Rather than do a whois, just type the url into the browser directly and see if a site comes up...

Seriously, anyone ever hear the term, KISS???

Not profesional enough? You want something that sticks out in the clients name. The one thing you need is somehing that differentiates you and makes you stand out from other companies.

How many ABC Electrical, Plumbing, Framing, Trim, Name your trade here is there??

They Wire Guys is fine, its simple, tells the client a little about what you do and its memorable for the client.

Back