Help recovering all M1G settings and rules into new RP install

crash123

Here's my story:
My M1G and all the rules had been working well. Have not made any changes for several months.
Then, my computer that had RP on it died last week. All RP data/files/settings/rules were lost.

Now: New computer running Vista-64. New install of RP version 1.6.26.

So I need to read all the settings/rules from the M1G panel into the new RP, in order to create a new account that has all my prior values.

My questions:

1) I have my M1G serial number, my prior RP password (I changed it from the default and assume it's stored in the M1G), and my prior installers code (also changed from the default). I also have the XEP user name and password. Is there anything else I need to have handy to get started?

2) Should I check or uncheck the two "check for conflicts" boxes in RP, under SETUP->OPTIONS->CONNECTIONS tab? It looks like I should UNCHECK both of them, in order to get a mirror copy of the M1G into the RP account, but could someone confirm this?

3)Should I open one of the pre-fab account templates, or a brand new one? Or doesn't it matter (depending on the answer to #2)?

4)Next I guess I would try to connect the RP to the M1G via the network. Assuming that works (probably wishful thinking)...

5) RECEIVE ALL (?)

6) FILE->SAVE ACCOUNT AS->(new account file with all prior settings/rules)

Please comment on the steps above, or suggest other order to do things, or other RP settings I'm missing. If I mess this up, it'll take me forever to get back to where I was.

thank you

Edit: Oh and what about the XEP setup window from RP? What fields do I need to enter there, or wil it fill in automatically when I connect?

You pretty much have it.

Open a default account with version 4.xx or 5.xx and download everything from the M1 into the PC.

You will have to set the serial number and ELKRP access code before it will connect.

Back