Help select a protocol for a DIYer

There was a mention of serial to USB devices earlier. Today my HA server is connected to numerous devices via one USB cable.

USB = => Digi 7 port USB hub = = two Digi USB Edgeport8 (16 serial connections). (X10, Insteon and UPB included).

I've tested the above to work fine with a Digi USB Anywhere network device via VM. (except for the USB sound / Way to call box which I utilized a Lantronics to test with).

Currently splitting the Russound zone amp control between the HAI OPII and the Software Home automation server (Homeseer).

Just purchased one of these devices and I am impressed.

http://www.digi.com/...s/model?mid=221

Attachments

• Digi-Edgeport 416.jpg
    Digi-Edgeport 416.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1
I still utilize my two W800's here too. One thing I do every season is use a palm pad to turn on and off sprinkler zones at the beginning and end of the watering season. I use another to shut the yapping garage door open TTS when I am working in the garage. Its a very handy device. I have my HAI OPII X10 PIM plugged into an XTB and I get 100% coverage just fine with it; although I like to look at the status of my UPB switches with Upstart.

The year before last went to all outdoor Z-wave for the Christmas decorations / a bit time consuming and digressed to X10 this past year.

There was a mention of serial to USB devices earlier. Today my HA server is connected to numerous devices via one USB cable.

USB = => Digi 7 port USB hub = = two Digi USB Edgeport8 (16 serial connections). (X10, Insteon and UPB included).

I've tested the above to work fine with a Digi USB Anywhere network device via VM. (except for the USB sound / Way to call box which I utilized a Lantronics to test with).

Currently splitting the Russound zone amp control between the HAI OPII and the Software Home automation server (Homeseer).

Just purchased one of these devices and I am impressed.

http://www.digi.com/...s/model?mid=221

Pete,

I started using one of those as well. Works fantastic!

--Dan

Back