Home Automation Software

CQC is the ONLY way to go for me. I have tried ... Meedio, SmartHome, Girder and Net Remote. Not even close to what I can now do with CQC.

I see a few things in people lists that are more of a "Helper app" or "Link/translation" between types of controllers. Girder for example, as powerful as it is, is not a stand alone Home Automation software package. I am trying to weed it down to the to the primary software package.

So it looks something like this so far.........
(In Alphabetical order)

CQC
HAL
Home Control Assistant
HomeSeer 1.x
HomeSeer 2.x
MainLobby
Mister House
PowerHome

I like the suggestion to post the 2 different versions, as they are so different. It will be a bonus in the poll, on top of the main stats, to see how many made the switch ect.

Please feel free to copy this list into a reply post, and alter it as you see fit. In a few days, hopefully it will be complete enough to add in as a poll.

What about hardware controllers such as Elk & M1? I realize it says software, but what about the folks who have a hardware as their primary?

MeSteve said:
What about hardware controllers such as Elk & M1? I realize it says software, but what about the folks who have a hardware as their primary?
Some of us like pears and other apples, but I'd suggest to keep this poll an apples to apples one.

The world of hardware controllers is not as diverse, but we still can do another poll if desired.

MeSteve said:
Like me, who uses an Ocelot (and soon adding an Elk M1) to do absolutely everything.

Back