HomeSeer Releases Z-Tool™ Advanced Z-Wave Installation Software

BraveSirRobbin

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 16, 2007

HomeSeer Releases Z-Tool™ Advanced Z-Wave Installation Software

Bedford, NH – HomeSeer Technologies announces the release of its new Z-Tool advanced Z-Wave installation software. The new program is designed to run on any Windows® laptop computer and will work with popular Z-Wave USB interfaces including those from Cooper Wiring Devices, Intermatic and Wayne-Dalton. With Z-Tool, users can quickly and easily set up their Z-Wave home networks and then transfer the USB interface to any Z-Wave enabled automation system for total home control.
“In 2006, HomeSeer revolutionized Z-Wave setup for our professional installers with the introduction of our popular handheld Z-Troller™. Now, with Z-Tool, we simplify the process for everyone else”, says Richard Helmke, HomeSeer’s founder and president.

Z-Tool includes support for the latest Z-Wave devices from Cooper, Leviton, Intermatic, Wayne-Dalton Monster Cable and ACT. The program also includes features to backup and restore Z-Wave network information when used with professional grade USB interfaces.

I like the fact the HomeSeer is putting out software that can run independent of their home automation software. I'm going to try this software but from reading their website it seems that they are holding back like many Z-Wave companies do. I'd probably be willing to pay $50 for the software if they included things such as the network analyzer and network optimization. Hopefully they will offer a pro version in the future with all the possible features.

This sounds great, I looked around at their website but couldn't find the information to answer the following:

1) Will it be able to "program" scenes without having to manually set each device's level at the device first?
2) Will it be able to transfer "master" back to a hand held controller like the vizia RZCFG, and back and forth?

Just wondering. I hate doing the scenes manually... :)

This sounds great, I looked around at their website but couldn't find the information to answer the following:

1) Will it be able to "program" scenes without having to manually set each device's level at the device first?
2) Will it be able to transfer "master" back to a hand held controller like the vizia RZCFG, and back and forth?

Just wondering. I hate doing the scenes manually... :)
Hi pkshiu -

1) Z-Tool is designed to be a basic Z-Wave setup tool for those with laptops and Z-Wave USB sticks. It is not designed to create scenes.
2) Z-Tool does allow you to transfer the 'primary' to and from any controllers that themselves allow this same feature.

Mark

Hi pkshiu -

1) Z-Tool is designed to be a basic Z-Wave setup tool for those with laptops and Z-Wave USB sticks. It is not designed to create scenes.
2) Z-Tool does allow you to transfer the 'primary' to and from any controllers that themselves allow this same feature.

Mark

Thanks. Still sounds like a pretty useful tool ! But I agree with a prev msgs, I would pay more for more features!

Back