Homeseer / Schlage Lock Issue

tennvol

I have a Schlage Lever Lock and HS2 installed and I am having problems triggering actions after entering the same code in the keypad more than once........

Here's the sequence of events:

1) I enter the user code on the keypad
2) The event triggers and the action occurs, in this case sending me a email if user code 1 is entered
3) Door unlocks and the re-locks after a few seconds
4) I examine the log and it's all good so I know the event / actions works

My issue is with step 2. If I enter user code 1 again the lock unlocks and I see in the log that the lock has recognized user code 1 (alarm value = 1) but the actions (sending me a email) do not occur. The actions don't happen until I unlock using a different user code or lock/unlock using the buttons on the inside of the lock. Once I do this then I am able to run my event AND the actions associated with it.

I also noticed on the status page that the alarm device only updates at times when the action has occurred. If I use the same code to unlock the door twice in a row then the status does not update with the second unlocking.

Here is my event:

Device Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Child 7 Alarm value becomes equal to User Code 1 Entered WHEN

I have a Schlage Lever Lock and HS2 installed and I am having problems triggering actions after entering the same code in the keypad more than once........

2) The event triggers and the action occurs, in this case sending me a email if user code 1 is entered

My issue is with step 2. If I enter user code 1 again the lock unlocks and I see in the log that the lock has recognized user code 1 (alarm value = 1) but the actions (sending me a email) do not occur. The actions don't happen until I unlock using a different user code or lock/unlock using the buttons on the inside of the lock. Once I do this then I am able to run my event AND the actions associated with it.

I also noticed on the status page that the alarm device only updates at times when the action has occurred. If I use the same code to unlock the door twice in a row then the status does not update with the second unlocking.

Here is my event:

Device Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Child 7 Alarm value becomes equal to User Code 1 Entered WHEN
Haven't you been working with Rick Tinker on this issue?

Here is my event:

Haven't you been working with Rick Tinker on this issue?

Yes, and his words were "I dont know what to tell you" and implied that that it was user error on my part. I do not see how this is possible since the actions in the event trigger only the first time I enter my code, and the status is only updated the first time. Any subsequent inputting of the same code does not update the status or preform the action. It's clear that things are set up correctly WRT the actions.

=================
Rick Tinker has responded to your HomeSeer help desk request:
Call ID: 21250 Subject: Issues with Schlage Lock and Thermostat

\/\/\/\/
Note: If you reply, DO NOT include any attachments to this email.
/\/\/\/\
Attachments will be stripped by the help desk. Ask the support personel for an email address that you can send the attachment to.

I have no idea what to tell you - works perfectly here - just had my son do a test - look at the times - 10 seconds apart.

6/25/2010 3:47:56 PM ~!~Device Update~!~Device: Front Door First Floor Front Door Lock Alarm value set to 4
6/25/2010 3:47:56 PM ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "Front Door Unlocked by Steve"
6/25/2010 3:47:56 PM ~!~Event~!~Running script statement immediately: &hs.WriteLogEx "SECURITY","The front door was unlocked by Steve", "#FF0000"
6/25/2010 3:47:56 PM ~!~SECURITY~!~The front door was unlocked by Steve

6/25/2010 3:47:57 PM ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "Ready to Arm - Ready"
6/25/2010 3:47:57 PM ~!~Device Control~!~Device: HAI Zones Security Zones HSTouch Ready to Arm (S20) OFF
6/25/2010 3:48:04 PM ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "Ready to Arm - Not Ready"
6/25/2010 3:48:04 PM ~!~Device Control~!~Device: HAI Zones Security Zones HSTouch Ready to Arm (S20) ON

6/25/2010 3:48:06 PM ~!~Device Update~!~Device: Front Door First Floor Front Door Lock Alarm value set to 4
6/25/2010 3:48:06 PM ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "Front Door Unlocked by Steve"
6/25/2010 3:48:06 PM ~!~Event~!~Running script statement immediately: &hs.WriteLogEx "SECURITY","The front door was unlocked by Steve", "#FF0000"
6/25/2010 3:48:06 PM ~!~SECURITY~!~The front door was unlocked by Steve

Regards,

Rick Tinker
HomeSeer Technologies, LLC
[email protected]

I am wondering if your problem is the Event:

If the value is set to 1 like it is in your step 1 & 2, then it will stay equal to 1 until you change it. So the event won't trigger on the next entering of the user code because it is already equal to 1. I would try using "Device Value Change" and then use the trigger Value is set to 1, and see if that works for you.

HTH

If the value is set to 1 like it is in your step 1 & 2, then it will stay equal to 1 until you change it. So the event won't trigger on the next entering of the user code because it is already equal to 1. I would try using "Device Value Change" and then use the trigger Value is set to 1, and see if that works for you.

HTH
Tried it already. No luck.

HTH

It is a good logical guess, and I have had situations before where I got burned by the value being the same so events do not trigger, but I coded that one to avoid that (or so I thought). Also, it does not explain how it worked fine in my test that I posted the log to him with.

It is either in how the event is set up or in how the alarm device is set up.

So, do this - delete JUST the alarm device and then do a rescan on the root device so that it gets re-created, just to make sure it is created properly - make sure you are on one of the later beta releases too just to be sure, but I think you already were.

Then, do something with the door so that the alarm device gets populated with the various value/status pairs (it is checked when data arrives, not during the rescan). Then delete the event and re-create it. When you choose the alarm device, you should NOT be able to enter a value number - it should be a choice from a list that includes ".. User Code ## Entered". It should read similar to what you posted already from the old trigger.

That is all I can think of - unless there is a firmware difference in the locks to explain it, which would be the next step.

Tried it as you advised and it still does not repeat the event.

Here's the lock info from the "who am I"

7 Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Root Device 7 Schlage 634B H 504C H True Lib: 2.64 App: 42.37 Excellent 40.0Kbps Basic: ROUTING SLAVE
Generic: ENTRY CONTROL
ASSOCIATION, POWERLEVEL, MANUFACTURER SPECIFIC, SECURITY
Secure Classes: DOOR LOCK, USER CODE, BATTERY, ALARM, CONFIGURATION, VERSION, BASIC

I'm using 2.4.11, I tried a beta and it would not recognize ANY of my devices so I erased it.

I'm using 2.4.11, I tried a beta and it would not recognize ANY of my devices so I erased it.

I am sure that is the issue - the Schlage lock was newly added in 2.4.11 and I know that I made changes that affect triggers on all of the Z-Wave devices in the upcoming release. The beta is working, so not sure what "so I erased it" means, but if you wait for the release of our next version, I am sure it will work because that is the version I was using. For some reason I thought you were already using the beta version.

If you want a workaround until the next release, have your event that is triggered by the alarm device changing run a simple one-line script that uses hs.SetDeviceValue to set the value of the alarm device to 9000 (a number I know is not used for anything). Then, it can repeatedly trigger with the same unlock code.

Back