Homeseer web server

I am trying to access my HS web server from an external connection and everything is working properly (noip.com) . I don't remember setting up a user name and passwork and I can't seem to find it in the HS web server setup, yet when I try to access it from outside it asks me for one. It is the HS web server and not my router making the request.

Is there a default user name and password for the Homeseer web server?

I made it to the log-in screen and and my user name and password were accepted but after that i get that all to familiar screen:

"The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1000 home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer "

any ideas?

Make sure the guest account is activated. In the "Web Server" main menu click on the "Define Users" button and add/activate the account if it is not there (screen shot below). Notice that I deleted any guest access on my system.

Also, if you are accessing this from outside your firewall, you must "port forward" the web server's port (you probably made it this far condisering you obtained the login screen).

Remember that you should set up a specific user account and password and give that admin rights if you want to control your system from your webserver.

Attachments

• webserveruser.jpg
    webserveruser.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 18
Back