Honeywell Zwave tstat

dhiren

Just hooked up the zwave devices to my elk m1 using the leviton vrcop and m1xzlw interface. 

Turning on, off, controlling the fan all work ok but when changing the setpoint on the tstat via the ekeypad application (for eg from 21 to 22 celsius), for some reason the thermostat will display 10 as the setpoint and the only way to change that back is changing the setpoint locally at the tstat.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas ?

It might be a farenheit vs. celsius issue.  When putting values directly into the Elk (e.g. through rules) you need to put faranheit values into the Elk.)  Although eKeypad supports celsius display I found it isn't always reliable and sometimes it randomly switches to Farenheit.  My guess is that when you put 22 in, that was lower than the tstat would accept if eKeypad erroneously transmitted it to the Elk in Farenheit so your tstat defaulted to 10.  I think there are some celsius/farenheit bugs in eKeypad.

hmmm, that could be what the issue is altough it doesn't explain why i can't increase/decrease from ekyepad the temp once it goes to 10.

Can send an email to ekeypad support or if Jason can chime on here , that would be great :)

Changed the thermostat to display farenheit and the temp is changing correctly via elk and ekeypad. This is good news

Bad news is WAF is going REALLY down  :blush: . I'm at a loss to understand if it's the elk panel or the honeywell tstat that's having the issue with celsius.

Any tips ?

So played around some more and am finding something really wierd.

When i send commands via the elk to the tstat eg a rule, the thermostat just drops to 50 F and cannot be controlled anymore unless i go ahead and make a change at the thermostat. 

Using ekeypad to check if ELK is showing the same temp as the tstat, i realised that elk actually can't even read the correct temp from the tstat. ELK shows 65 as inside temp and 68 as setpoint whereas the tstat is showing 72 as inside temp and 74 as setpoint.

Not sure if the tstat needs to be polled or if i am missing a config step but would appreciate if someone could help point in the correct direction

Thanks

I am using a 2x ct30 that were from a vivint panel. I am able to set the temperatures without any issue (remember you always need to send the temp in Fahrenheit when using the elk). My thermostats do not display the correct temperature in ekeypad or elsewhere but I just live with it as I don't really care to monitor the temperature just set it.

If you are sending your temps in Fahrenheit it is odd it would stop responding.

There is a zwave command you can issue to the vrc0p to poll the thermostats every 15 minutes. At might get you the correct temperature. Again, I haven't cared as long as the elk turns the temp down when we set it to armed away and brings it back when we are home I am happy.

Back