How to delete a z wave switch thats bad

68sting

I have an Intermatic wall switch thats bad and now I don't know how to delete it from the network and channel I programed in to the remote.

I understand that ControlThink is working on some software that might perform that type of function. It has not been released yet though.

Unfortunately, the only way I know of, now, to remove a 'completely dead' node is to remove all active nodes, reset your controller, and, start from scratch on building a network. Kind of klunky. If it could still 'talk' you could just do a 'remove node' type operation, I'm guessing you have already tried that.

There may be a super wiz-bang $1000.00 hardware controller out there that already does this type of stuff but my HA budget is limited. I use the battery controllers and some beta ThinkEssentials(tm) software for my control needs at the present time.

If you have any questions about the ControlThink software, they have a forum over at http://forums.controlthink.com/

Ken

edit corrected spelling

Yeah, it's not like z-wave switches last forever. What were they thinking?

One thing I have noticed is that cycling power to the circuit can bring some dead switches back to life.

Thanks for the help. I just reset the whole network and reprogrammed all the mod. again. That's definitley a pain. With out giving any details the switch failure was my fault. One of those moments you would like to forget

Not to sound like an advertisement, but just to confirm...our ThinkEssentials product will let you do that today. Just right-click on the broken (red circle/slash) device, and select "replace broken device" or "remove broken device."

Chris

68sting said:
... With out giving any details the switch failure was my fault. One of those moments you would like to forget
OK, I just gotta ask.

Did this involve a screwdriver and a live circuit?

I bet many of us share your pain.

George

George

I wish it was just that level of stupidity. You need to go another couple levels up.

Chris

When you remove it with your software does the software then remove it from the remotes also?

Back