How to get IR emitters to stick

DeLicious

So, I bought a Harmony 890 remote control so that my wife wouldn't have to point the remote at the tv the entire time an activity was being setup, but instead, use RF to the wireless extender and have that send out the appropriate IR commands over the emitters stuck onto each component.

But the emitters keep falling off... is there a more effective solution for getting IR emitters to stick on your components?

So, I bought a Harmony 890 remote control so that my wife wouldn't have to point the remote at the tv the entire time an activity was being setup, but instead, use RF to the wireless extender and have that send out the appropriate IR commands over the emitters stuck onto each component.

But the emitters keep falling off... is there a more effective solution for getting IR emitters to stick on your components?

How about a (small) dab of clear silicone? I've also used clear hot glue. Works great and comes off witha gentle twist.

Chuck

I often tape over them, dual purpose. Holds them on and prevents overshot from hitting other components.

Super Glue works great too, but be sure your placement is working first. Also be aware it may leave a residue when the emitter is removed but it won't fall off again.

I usually mount them inside the device whenever possible. This eliminates overshoot and alignment issues. For devices I can't do this with I use hot glue. It sticks to anything and doesn't leave a residue when removed.

Back