idea for new product - annunciator

pete

Eric,

Not sure if your looking for any ideas, but I was tinkering last night and thought it would be nice to have a simple device that would beep warnings . . like when the HA system was about to turn off the lights or close the garage door . . a few beeps and a short delay would save alot of miscues, giving the occupant a chance to take action if necessary . . and I'm sure there are other uses to be found . .

what I'm thinking of would be something you could send a command to for pitch, duration, repeat, and maybe an offset to raise or lower the pitch for each repeat . .

one-wire seemed like a natural fit . .

Pete C

Way more things are on the list that I seem to have time to get to :rolleyes:

What kind of digital I/O board would you be looking for?

Eric

Don't build it for me. I'm pretty sure i'm going to try and build my own. Having never made a schematic or pcb before it should be fun.

I just want to read a couple alarm type contacts, door sensors and the such.

I have something similar to this in my setup. I have small LCD displays distributed on an RS-485 network. Also in each display is a piezo-electric buzzer. I can send commands to individual displays or to all displays and tell them to beep 1 - 9 times. I find this quite convenient to send certain messages, alerts, or warnings when I don't want to bother with things like TTS messages.

pete said:
Eric,

Not sure if your looking for any ideas, but I was tinkering last night and thought it would be nice to have a simple device that would beep warnings . . like when the HA system was about to turn off the lights or close the garage door . . a few beeps and a short delay would save alot of miscues, giving the occupant a chance to take action if necessary . . and I'm sure there are other uses to be found . .

what I'm thinking of would be something you could send a command to for pitch, duration, repeat, and maybe an offset to raise or lower the pitch for each repeat . .

one-wire seemed like a natural fit . .

Pete C
I'm using X10 chime and power horn modules for such...(like garage door warning) inexpensive and simple.

Back