Insteon / Elk

Are these switches by any chance ToggleLinc Relays? I have 1 of them and it ALWAYS goes on after a power failure. This is a known issue with the Togglelinc Relays.

Interestingly enough, two days ago the power flickered off and on. Immediately every light in the house came on. Sort of wierd to have every light on for no reason.

Howard

Are these switches by any chance ToggleLinc Relays? I have 1 of them and it ALWAYS goes on after a power failure. This is a known issue with the Togglelinc Relays.

Interestingly enough, two days ago the power flickered off and on. Immediately every light in the house came on. Sort of wierd to have every light on for no reason.

Howard

None of mine are Togglelink Relays. It happens with Switchlink dimmers and relays. It's not outage related, it just seems to happen spontaneously. Len, did you recently upgrade Signalinc's to AccessPoints? That's the only other thing I can think of that's changed in the rough time period.

Howard

None of mine are Togglelink Relays. It happens with Switchlink dimmers and relays. It's not outage related, it just seems to happen spontaneously. Len, did you recently upgrade Signalinc's to AccessPoints? That's the only other thing I can think of that's changed in the rough time period.
No I still have my Signalinc's.
The only thing that I have done is activate polling ( jumper S3 in M1XSP) and add a wireless ip camera.
When the neighbor shut off lights some came right back on , had to turn off second time.

Funny thing is I had similar problems a few weeks back. My Insteon/Elk setup has been flawless since the initial setup about a year ago with around 50 devices.

Recenty I added a couple devices and changes some scenes around using PowerHome and then for two nights in a row, random lights would come on?

After that, I unplugged the PLC at night for a few days until I had to look into it... funny thing is, lights didn't seem to turn on during the day.

All the Insteon groups/scenes have been configured with PH, and PH is also used to populate the Elk M1XSP. Aside from adding a couple Insteon devices, I also updated PH to version 1.03.4.12 (all the work had previously been done using a much earlier version).

What I did that seemed to correct the problem is connect my M1XSP to the laptop running PH and then re-downloaded the core app, cleared the PLC database and then used the "Add Min" to add the Insteon ID's back into the PLC. The only thing I did differently the day the problems started is to use the "Add Full" which I don't think was an option in the previous PH version.

Lighting has been reliable again for about 10-12 days since doing this.

One thing I noticed is the lights that were turning on were all lights that I use Elk rules to turn on with motion or door contacts? Don't know if this was coincidence, or a clue, but I think reloading the PLC using the "Add Min" seems to be what corrected it.

A few othere bits of data: I've had polling enabled on the M1XSP since initially setting this up. I've also been running Firmware 50.0.25 on the M1XSP but I see there is a newer .26 version that appears to have some good improvements acording to the release notes.

Cheers,
Paul

Back