Insteon Keypadlinc problems

Madcodger said:
I have no reason to doubt they will credit me without delay.
Unless something has changed at SH's warehouse, there WILL be a delay. It has taken me up to 6 weeks to get a credit for returns. I don't think they do it on purpose, but you know its a problem when SH employees admit its a problem.

I have suggested to both SHJ and SLM (not sure if they remember it :) ) that there be a separate RMA procedure for Insteon returns. SH/SL has made a huge investment in this product and many of us are still here even with the growing pains. I would think they could at least make returns easier.

Herdfan said:
Madcodger said:
I have no reason to doubt they will credit me without delay.
Unless something has changed at SH's warehouse, there WILL be a delay. It has taken me up to 6 weeks to get a credit for returns. I don't think they do it on purpose, but you know its a problem when SH employees admit its a problem.

I have suggested to both SHJ and SLM (not sure if they remember it :) ) that there be a separate RMA procedure for Insteon returns. SH/SL has made a huge investment in this product and many of us are still here even with the growing pains. I would think they could at least make returns easier.
As much as we would like to not receive returns it is hard as Smarthome now carries over 7000 products. :D That being said, the Smarthome warehouse has seen its share of growing pains over the past few years due to rapid expansion and growth.

I agree that it would be nice to expedite SmartLabs Design product returns both for SmartLabs so that we can evaluate defective product faster and that our customers can get through the RMA procedure faster. The good news is that we have the appropriate team in place that the process will become more efficient and in turn much faster for the end user.

I will bring up the idea of expedited SLD product returns to see if there is a viable solution in the short term. In the meantime we are working hard on getting the process done correctly.

Herdfan and others – thanks for the feedback. Please keep it coming so that we can continually improve our products and services.

WayneW said:
Mike said:
SmartLabsMike said:
jeffx said:
SmartLabsMike said:
We updated the firmware a while ago to remove the backlight flicker. Give tech support a call and they will swap it for you.

Also, does Smarthome handle the Warranty RMA's for the devices purchased from other stores?
Hi Jeff,

I do not know all of the customer service terms. I sent a note to the team about RMA's from other outlets.
I was curious if there was an update regarding this.
SmartLabsMike, is there any word on this?
Mike, did you ever get a reply from your folks on this issue?

http://www.smartlabsinc.com/upgrade/powerlinc.html
this is the link for the 2414 upgrade and it simply asks where you purchased, but doesn't require documentation, which is good, since they were all manufacturer by SH.

Wayne-

I was told that although we require end users to return to where they purchased there are always exceptions. For instance they purchased from a dealer that is no longer in business or no longer does business with SH. The process is more difficult as we have to get more people involved to process the return.

Back