insteon togglelinc?

bdee1

i see the insteon togglelincs listed on the smarthome site as backordered and on automatedoutlet as shipping in june.

so are they available yet or not - since it is june and automatedoutlet says they ship in june - can i order one today and not be on backorder?

also - how does the dimmer work on these? i know you flip them up to go on and down to go off like a normal toggle switch but to dim - how does that work? does it just slide between the on and off position for dimming (instead of the normal click into position for on and off)?

also i noticed that for the same price as the insteon togglelinc, i can get an x10 togglelinc but with a built in boosterlinc. that would be really nice but i prefer to get all my new stuff as insteon - are there any plans to release an insteon togglelinc with the built in boosterlinc? that would be nice!

so are they available yet or not - since it is june and automatedoutlet says they ship in june
They were supposed to ship to us on 6/5 but have not arrived here yet. I expect them anytime now.

can i order one today and not be on backorder?
If you order them now, you will be on backorder until we receive our shipment. You credit card won't be charged until we can ship though and you'll get the first shipments when they arrive.

how does the dimmer work on these?
You push up to dim up and push down to dim down. The toggle switch will always return back to the middle position when you let go of it. This is the right way for Smarthome to do it since you can remotely turn it off or on.

are there any plans to release an insteon togglelinc with the built in boosterlinc?
Not speaking for Smarthome, but, I don't think so. I haven't heard of this being incorporated and I think it would be counter to Smarthome's current trend of trying to move people to Insteon.

thanks for the reply - so as for he operation of the switches - yousay up dims up and down dims down and the switch rests in themiddle - so is there a wayto set it so that a quick push up jumps to on, and a quick pushdown jumps to off and then just hav it so that for dimming you woudl have to hold it up or down?

i am just thinking that for a positive WAF they woudl need to function liek normal toggle switches in that manner.

i tried to gram the manual from smarthome to get this info but i dont see it on their site.

You credit card won't be charged until we can ship though
yea i am not concerned about that - i know you guys are top notch when it comes to customer service i was just checking to see when they would be available.

Check out the docs for the old X-10 only switches, the basic operation will probably be the same. Basically, the switch is spring loaded and normally sticks straight out. It cannot rest in the typical on or off positions as that would conflict with the actual load control (ie user gets confused when the switch is up, but the lamp is off and it isn't a 3way).

So, you bump it up to turn on, then it springs back. Hold it up for a few seconds to brighten.

http://www.smarthome.com/23890W.HTML

Let me clarify.

If you hit the switch up once, it will dim up, at your preset ramp rate, to your preset on level. You can snap them up with a double tap as well. You only have to hold the switch if you want to dim it to a level that you haven't defined as the preset on level.

We still plan to get ToggleLincs out by the end of the month.

In regards to integrating booster into an INSTEON-enabled ToggleLinc the answer would be no. Each INSTEON device automatically repeats INSTEON signals.

Remember each device can also be assigned an X10 address for those who are still in a mixed environment. Ultimately, you would want to migrate to INSTEON due to the advantages.

Back