Integrating Z-wave network with Logitech/Monster HT system

I have a pretty sound Z-wave network controlled by Vera 2--most lights, fans, and two thermostats. I also have two rooms with two Monster Omnilinks ("RF extenders" in Logitech speak) and two unique but identical AVL 300 remotes. I've recently learned that I can either use one HT remote for BOTH Omnilinks (which means carrying the remote from room-to-room) or pair only one remote to one Omnilink (which means each remote is dedicated to the room it is in, ONLY). If they could simply be "dumb", and programmed exactly the same, they would work the way I'd like... but noooooo...

Now that I've overcome that, I'm trying to integrate my HT remotes with my Z-wave network. I've found that, yes, I can pair lights with my HT remotes, but that removes them from my Z-wave network and they're no longer available to control by Vera.

So far, I'm not that pleased with the way this is coming together, and I'm looking for ideas. I expected the Omnilinks would be my bridge between the Z-wave world and the HT world; it seems they don't talk, though.

Thanks for looking--but I actually posted in that thread over on micasaverde.com. I was inquiring about firmware differences & haven't actually tried the steps outlined on the 1st page. It hasn't been verified with the latest full release of Vera 2 firmware, and things are working well enough for me now that I don't want to screw it up all over again.

I currently have two separate accounts; one for each remote/Omnilink pair. I've even removed a couple of switches from my network and included them in the "local" network made up of those pairs. It's not what I want, but it works well enough.

Back