Is there an ETA on Vizia RF 2way support with Elk?

There are probably more people like me too.

I've written off my insteon investment and now just waiting for something else affordable to "mature." zwave looks to be the best alternative to insteon, but due to my significant (to me) investment in elk already, I have been stuck in "nowhere land" waiting to see what will happen.

Consider me a squeak.

I to had to dump Insteon as well and regressed to X-10 temporarilly. Funny thing is the X-10 works fine and none have died yet (only about 5 months) and they are all the cheapies (Insteon had over 20% failure at that point). I am on the fence between UPB and Zwave. My brother in-law swears by UPB and hasnt had any problems in any of his installs (yet). I like that Zwave seems to be maturing.

Have you considered UPB or you just like Zwave?

I've written off my insteon investment and now just waiting for something else affordable to "mature." zwave looks to be the best alternative to insteon, but due to my significant (to me) investment in elk already, I have been stuck in "nowhere land" waiting to see what will happen.

Consider me a squeak.

I to had to dump Insteon as well and regressed to X-10 temporarilly. Funny thing is the X-10 works fine and none have died yet (only about 5 months) and they are all the cheapies (Insteon had over 20% failure at that point). I am on the fence between UPB and Zwave. My brother in-law swears by UPB and hasnt had any problems in any of his installs (yet). I like that Zwave seems to be maturing.

I also dumped Insteon and went with Vizia RF. Vizia RF is leagues better than Insteon in my opinion from protocol to hardware quality. For me, I didn't go with UPB because after failed attempts with Insteon and X10 in 2 different houses, I didn't want to use another powerline protocol. Vizia RF is much faster reacting than Insteon - the relay companion switches actually turn the load switch's light on before I get my finger off the switch.

Consider me a squeak.

I have not really given it a lot of thought yet, but it is my impression that ultimately zwave looks to become more affordable and offer more special-purpose devices that I will ultimately want to use.

But really, right now, I am pretty disillusioned thanks to Insteon.

It is a shame that Insteon just could not come out of the gate in good shape. I think its almost 3 years old now and I think (I dont know this for a fact) that they are just starting to address the QC issues. Way to late for many people who spent thousands of dollars previously and helped them identify the problems only to be abandoned.

Not only am I a little gun shy in investing in another protocal/brand I just dont have another two or three thousand dollars to throw away so I have to be really careful if I try this again. WAF factor for automated lighting is still in negative numbers based on the Insteon SH experience of myself and others we know.

Spanky,

Just a quick decision as I'd like to take advantage of a sale coupon I have, is the Vizia 2 way update planned for the M1XZW module, or is this for the M1XSP with a separate serial Z-wave controller?

I'm more than willing to purchase with the sale coupon and wait for the update.

Thanks in advance!

Spanky,

Just a quick decision as I'd like to take advantage of a sale coupon I have, is the Vizia 2 way update planned for the M1XZW module, or is this for the M1XSP with a separate serial Z-wave controller?

Thanks in advance!

All the reports here is that it will be an XSP to the Leviton Vizia RZCØP controller. Search on RZCOP or XZW and you'll see various threads.

Spanky,

Thanks in advance!

All the reports here is that it will be an XSP to the Leviton Vizia RZCØP controller. Search on RZCOP or XZW and you'll see various threads.

Actually when searching for either term on CocoonTech comes back with this thread B) I'll try Google next.

Opps, looks like I'm a total n00b as I've tried the search again and made sure the "search this forum" checkbox was unchecked. Gahhhhh!

Does anyone know if the Homeseer ZTool will program up the Leviton RZC0P Zwave controller so that the RZC0P could then plug into the M1XSP with a Vizia RZC0P software upgrade? That would be a quick way to get the M1 Vizia interface released.

Does anyone know if the Homeseer ZTool will program up the Leviton RZC0P Zwave controller so that the RZC0P could then plug into the M1XSP with a Vizia RZC0P software upgrade? That would be a quick way to get the M1 Vizia interface released.

Spanky,

I don't know that answer. However, it was suggested to me as a potential solution in the attached post rzcoplink.

Mike

Back