Is this camera deal too good to be true.

Not disputing your choice at all, or the quality of the batteries. Just trying to figure out what the technology behind them is.

I am disappointed about that 80% number, though.

rocco said:
If you really want to know:
Server Used: [ whois.domaindiscover.com ]

bestchoicedigital.com = [ 209.125.209.170 ]

Registrant:
    Bill Johnson
    2071 Flatbush Ave
    Brooklyn  NY 11234-3523
    US
    Domain Name: BESTCHOICEDIGITAL.COM
    Administrative Contact  Technical Contact  Zone Contact:
        Bill Johnson
        2071 Flatbush Ave
        Brooklyn  NY 11234-3523
        US
        718-535-9658
        [email protected]

Domain created on 09-Jun-2003
    Domain expires on 09-Jun-2005
    Last updated on 11-Feb-2004
    Domain servers in listed order:
        NS1.COMPUWEB.NET
        NS2.COMPUWEB.NET
The contact address screams shady. Never buy electronics from unknown, small stores in NYC, especially from Brooklyn. 90% of the time, these storefronts are used as a disguise for a drug dealer's office.

rofl.gif

that is pretty funny site. Can't imagine how much time was spent getting all those pics!

I thought that was one of the key "power of the web" where the Interenet business can compete with the brick and morter business?

Not to jinx myself, but I have yet to get really burned by an eBay or online purchase. Bought a projector screen once that I didn't think was at the quality level of advertisement on eBay, but resold it via eBay with proper description for a little doller hit, but that's about it.

Wonder if I have done business with any of the pics in Brooklyn?

The problem is that there is a long, long history of disreputable electronics and camera stores in NY. It predates the internet by many years. They existed through telephone and mail-order operations before the internet.

The backs of photography magazines have been full of ads for these kind of places. What's really bad is that some of the magazines seem to endorse these stores by saying that they meet some quality standards. In reality, those ratings mean absolutely nothing and have been misleading customers for years.

The internet has just made it much easier for these people to operate and for them to proliferate (often under several names).

For the sake of information, though, there are reputable stores in NYC. The only one I've dealt with personally is B&H Photo (www.bhphoto.com) and I have no problem recommending them. The store is a couple blocks from Penn Station (Madison Square Garden). I've walked past it but never been inside (I've only been there on Saturdays, when they are closed).

Back