J9 Automation Engine Naming Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

electron

Administrator
Staff member
J9 Automation Engine (j9AE), an internet enabled control, automation, and media management software package providing automated and remote control for all your home automation and home theater devices, needs a new name and Cocoontech.com fans get to pick it.

The contest is simple

Come up with a new name for J9AE that best encompasses the functionality and usability of the software.

The person who submits the winning entry will receive
  • A free license to the version 1.0 software package when it is released.
How to submit your entries
  1. Take a look at J9AE at http://johnnynine.com.
  2. Think up one or more names.
  3. Send your product name ideas via a PM to Johnny at http://johnnynine.com/forum.
Submission Requirements
  • Submissions must be wholly original, and cannot infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any third party.
  • All Submissions containing content that is offensive or inappropriate will be deemed ineligible for the contest and not considered in the judging.
  • All Submissions must be received during the Contest Period.
A reply to this post will be made here when the Contest Period is over. After the contest period and judging period the winning entrant will receive a response to their submission.

By submitting your Entry, you represent and warrant that the submission is wholly original and does not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any third party, the submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, the submission is not and will not be defamatory, libelous, or obscene, and no party other than you has any right, title or interest in and to the Submission or any part of the Submission.

A reply to this post will be made here when the Contest Period is over. After the contest period and judging period the winning entrant will receive a response to their submission.

By submitting your Entry, you represent and warrant that the submission is wholly original and does not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any third party, the submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, the submission is not and will not be defamatory, libelous, or obscene, and no party other than you has any right, title or interest in and to the Submission or any part of the Submission.
[/font]
Johnny, I think your rules are a little over-the-top. I thought contests generally needed to have a published end date? And I think only a trademark lawyer could enter a contest with rules like that? How am I supposed to know if my idea infringes on anything or violates ANY laws and that NO party already has rights to it? Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the company that wants to use the name to research its legality and/or validity and/or availability?

Heh, yes it is a bit corporate sounding isn't it. :lol: We will be researching the legality and availability matters and are just pointing out the types of names which can not be considered during the contest period. It is indented to make the contest fair and encourage creativity.

We did some research on naming competitions and found that most of them had a page or two of legal disclaimers. We tried to keep that as small as possible since the intent is to have fun and be creative. Unfortunately the lawyers think this type of verbiage is necessary now-a-days.

The Contest Period will end at 11:59 PM PST on Thursday, December 31, 2009. Thanks for pointing that out.

Johnny

is there anywhere someone could find out a bit more information on the marketing direction or target audience for the product?

I've had a few people ask about how many submissions an individual can make.

There is no limit to the number of submissions you make, so you aren't limited to just one.

The original post doesn't make this real clear, so we will be extending the contest a few more weeks. The Contest Period will end at 11:59 PM PST on Thursday, December 31, 2009.

Johnny

I've had a few people ask about how many submissions an individual can make.

There is no limit to the number of submissions you make, so you aren't limited to just one.

The original post doesn't make this real clear, so we will be extending the contest a few more weeks. The Contest Period will end at 11:59 PM PST on Thursday, December 31, 2009.

Johnny

winner winner chicken dinner?

Just wanted to see if you got a name yet? Recently downloaded the latest version and am surprise how far things have come since the last version I tested.

The naming contest must have fallen through the cracks since it's been over 2 months and no word.

;) And the winner is... jwilson56. :)

We have a name and a new website and a new forum up and running which will be open to the public closer to the version 1.0 launch. We ended up choosing a name from our own internal lists, but jwilson56 had submitted a name that was on our runner up list.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the naming contest.

Johnny

It's official, Codecore Technologies is announcing Elve as our new product name!

Thank you everyone for your participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back