Kodicom / Diginet Site Troubles

I didn't get a static ip either. Your linksys router most likely has a tab in the setup page called DDNS. This allows you to use a service similar to No-IP that electron just described. They have three options, but I have only tried DynDNS. Basically, go to Dyndns.com and set up a free account, and then put the account information into the router in the DDNS section. The router will tell dyndns whenever your IP address changes, and you don't have to install any software on your computer (you might have to upgrade the firmware for your router, but that is pretty easy). Plus they have pretty cool domain names to choose from such as yourname.kicks-ass.org

The center software only lets you specify an IP address, so in the rare event that your address changes, you can just go to dyndns.com and look up what the new one is.

Good stuff, thanks for all of the help. I have noticed the IP address has not changed in a very long time. I probably will set up a DynDNS account just to ensure I can connect when traveling.

Are there any known issues with the 2way audio feature. I tried it out tonight real quick and did not have any luck. I will double check my firewall to ensure the proper ports are open tomorrow.

Thanks again!

I've never tried the audio features on it.

I recently starting running into a new problem. Occasionally the computer seems to get bogged down with the CPU running at 100% for a very long time. The only reason I seem to notice it is because it is also my homeseer computer, and my events happen very late. If I shut down restart Diginet, everything works fine again. Anyone else have this problem? I would have thought that the watchdog program would take care of it, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Has anyone been able to configure the watchdog program?

Mine runs at 100%, but I thought that was normal. Assumed it was just a massive load on the machine.

The problem that is currently getting to me is the PDA software. The main Diginet is set up ok because I can use remote clients on other PCs, but the PDA just says "Connecting...", "Not connected". No error messages, no feedback at all... Makes trouble shooting fun.

I gave up on it, but it is the most exciting project I wish I could fix. Imagine being anywhere on your property (within WiFi) and seeing any of your video feeds.... I WANT THIS! BTW I am using an iPaq 4150 running Windows Mobile 2003. I am using a Linksys WAP54g access point with encryption on. The PDA can surf the web so I assume it is hooked up properly... But Diginet won't connect.

Vaughn

I thought the benefit of using the Kodicom software was that it barely used any cpu. It seems that it pegs the cpu, just like Active Webcam, etc.

One *bug* I did run into with version 4.11 was that CPU utilization would spike when I used the 5+1 view. Is this the view you are using? Other than with that view, CPU usage was around the 5% range.

Also, the application can be problematic if you are using anything other than an Intel chipset motherboard (with an Intel North and South Bridge) with an ATI video card (directx 8 or higher).

As far as the Pocket PC Viewer, I have never had a problem getting this to work on my Dell Axim x50v--it's one of the reasons I continue to use Diginet. If I recall correctly, the only settings you need to put in are the server IP Address, Diginet site code and 4 number password. If these don't match your server, then it won't connect. I think the default site code is 100-001 and default password 1234.

Well, I always use the 5+1 view, so that may be it. I will switch to the 9-way view tonight and see if it helps CPU%...

I changed the default site code, but like I said, I can connect from another PC, so the Site Code, Site Name, IP & Password work. The Pocket PC app just does not connect.... I figured it was WAP/WEP related or something, but I have no idea. Perhaps I will try with an unprotected network long enough to see if it is a factor.

Thanks for your help.
Vaughn

What version of Site and what version of PDA are you using? I just tried to connect to Site 4.11 with PDA 1.03 and it would not connect.

I did the following (not sure which step helped) and now it works:

1) I reinstalled Site 4.11 over the existing Site 4.11 installation.
2) I uninstalled PDA 1.03 and installed PDA 1.02 via Active Sync from the Site 4.11 PC.
3) I put in the site #, IP address and password and it connected immediately on the first try.

Also make sure that Diginet is listed in your Windows XP firewall exceptions.

I would suspect that it was either switching to PDA version 1.02 or installing PDA from the Site computer that fixed it.

Exciting, I will run home at lunch and try it. I got the PDA software from the internet, not my CD that came with the card. I did not realise it was on there. I bet it is just a version issue.

I am on 4.11 btw.

Here is another DigiNet question: Now that I gave up the 5+1, I want to use the Full Screen on motion option. I have it set to 1,2,3,4,5,6 with a 5 sec delay. It works fine as long as I don't put the whole thing in full screen. I have to leave the GUI up, once I click the 4-way plus sign to go full screen, motion no longer make the particular camera go full screen.

That normal?

Vaughn

The PDA software works now. It was a version issue. If you are running 4.11, you have to use the 1.002 version of the PDA client. I can not use it from outside my local network, but might just be a forwarding issue.

I am forwarding port 8080 (It's default and Apache's default) Maybe I need to open up and extra port or two...

640x480 still gets REAL glitchy, splits the cam windows into sub windows, draws out of date images on them and they twitch alot. I have no idea on that one.

It is so nice to have normal CPU useage again. I can more some of my HA/Security apps off of my TV computer now ;-)

Vaughn

ver0776 said:
I can not use it from outside my local network, but might just be a forwarding issue.
In Setup, System tab there is a button for Network Port Settings. You need to forward all of these ports from your Router to your Site PC for the remote Web, Center and PDA software to work correctly.

As far as your glitchy picture using 640x480, I'm using 640x480, high/high quality setting (30 fps) and my picture is perfect, even in the 5/1 view which puts the CPU at about 40%. I am using a Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz PC, 512 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 7000 video card, Intel chipset motherboard.

What are your PC specs? What video card are you using? I suspect it my be your video card/drivers.

I am having trouble with the Web DVR feature.

When I enter the Site IP address only a blank Web DVR screen is displayed. I am not prompted to load codecs and none of the buttons work.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Hi,
I'm very impressed by the stuff you guys discuss here. I am having a similar problem with my diginet site systems. I am using V4.11 and have 3 DVRs running the same software. they all have unique static IP addresses and are connected over a LAN to a broadband router. I use Diginet Centre to access them from my laptop over the same LAN. The apache server is running well on all systems too...i know this cos i can connect to the web DVR using its Lan IP address using IE browser.
I can even access the router from the internet. But I somehow cant get access to the DVRs from outside my lan. I am stuck cos i still cant seem to figure out the last piece of this puzzle.
I assume this will have to be done thru port forwarding on the router. I am using a HUAWEI WA1003A broadband router. Can any one tell me a little more about how to complete these settings.
Thanks,
Adonis

adonisarchie said:
I assume this will have to be done thru port forwarding on the router. I am using a HUAWEI WA1003A broadband router. Can any one tell me a little more about how to complete these settings.
I have never heard of Huawei, but hopefully this site will help. It does have some info on Huawei, but not your exact model.
http://portforward.com/

Back