latest best smart lock recommendation

Dogman

I currently have a Yale smart lock integrated into my Elk M1 for the last 4 years with no issues and works great. Now I need to select another smart lock and controller for my brother-in-law who is disabled and living in a condo.  I don't want to install an Elk in his condo just to get Yale integration for their smart locks.  I do want to be able to remotely lock and unlock the door and see the status of the lock.  It appears other ways to get integration is ISY zwave and Vera which is much closer to the budget I would like to spend. Are their any other combinations I should be looking at?  I have quite a bit of used vizia rf+ dimmers and switches that still work that I may just install as well since I couldn't get anyone to buy them so zwave controller is probably the way to go.

As the prior post suggests you could put the Yale zwave locks in with a SmartThings hub and have remote access. (my setup)   This does not allow for remote programming.  

Here have been tinkering with the Smartthings Hub and it is very reasonably priced and very much plug n play.

Ok Great:  I will give it a shot .   Does the Smart Things Hub allow most or all of the functions of the lock i.e. Users and status updates?

Back