Let’s talk Z-Wave...

Just a quick update:

I decided to go ahead and pick-up a HomePro ZTH100 Master Controller because it supports the TZ-16 Thermostat, which is awesome. It also supports timed based actions, which is also awesome.

However, it does not support Thermostat timed based actions...

Yeah, that's right. It can turn lights on and off based off the time but it can't change the thermostat set point based off the time. The only added benefit of the ZTH100 over the HA07C is that I can now manually control my thermostat without standing in front of it but I still can't program set point changes based on time.

This is really frustrating and aggravating. I only have to change the temp twice a day (when I get up and go to bed) and I have to walk past the thermostat to enter or leave my bedroom anyhow.

You would think that programming timed based set point changes would be a given since you can do it with any $30 thermostat available at Home Depot or Lowes but apparently that is not the case.

The question now is whether or not being able to change the temp from my bed is worth the $50 I spent on this remote and to be honest, the answer is no.

The ZTH100 does allow the programming of the advanced features of the HomePro switches but I'm not overly impressed with the switch quality either, so that's really a toss-up in my opinion.

Back