Leviton RF Installer 1.1.4.1 Released (Win10 support)

Get a 2nd VRCOP, what's your time worth, even while on sabbatical?

I'm pondering getting an isy994i to replace VRCOP but don't know if all of my ZWAVE devices are compatible...

My time is worth far less than the wrath of the wife for seeing boxes come in despite not having worked for 2 months and most likely not working again for another 1-2 months :)

"Error updating controller, please move closer than 1 micron from the device"

"The device (that worked with SmartThings) did not reply in an expected fashion. Please move closer and try again. Even though you're nearly touching it."

lather, rinse, repeat.

But hey - my keypads work. 

Leviton is a bad company and they should feel bad.

btw, i can't get a 2nd VRCOP; the light switches themselves can only be part of one network, so a 2nd VRCOP isn't going to help much.

Here made the VRCOP a secondary to a Z-WavedotMe GPIO card.  I did have to put the two in close proximity.  Same as the Leviton RF+ remove.  Also here was able to copy the Z-Wave GPIO plus Z-Wave network to the Leviton RF+ remote then put that network in to the VRCOP.

The Z-Wave dot me GPIO card see's the VRCOP as a secondary. The VRCOP though acts as a primary to the OP2 panel.

When I send a command out via the OP2, the light switch goes on or off just fine.    The Z-Wave GPIO card doesn't see anything though status wise.

If I do the same via the Z-Wave GPIO card the OP2 / VRCop doesn't see anything.   Both devices are talking to one Z-Wave network.

Thinking like for like may work for you if it is one Z-Wave network.  Never tested two VRCOP's before.

None the less this stuff works better for me with the UPB PIMs and the same network and software and firmware multiple controllers.

Did you ever check the inside of that tie that was on your old picture.  You will not damage it if you are careful.  I understand it's been a couple of years now.

IVB said:
btw, i can't get a 2nd VRCOP; the light switches themselves can only be part of one network, so a 2nd VRCOP isn't going to help much.

Correct but you could put certain things on one controller, like the keypads for example, new stuff, experimental stuff. Instead of trashing / rebuilding the primary, just a thought to have a 2nd to play with...

Here I push Leviton HAI Omnipro2 events to one Z-Wave controller and push Homeseer events with more granular triggers on the other controller.   Well and too have an OmniPro 2 plugin connected such that I can push an event to the OPII controller via the plugin and the controller plugged in to the software.  (Much like CQC).  I understand it's a bit over the top relating to redundancy / resilience even though I know how it's supposed to work and it has worked; I still today have reservations about it and I do not it isn't 100% perfect.

Typically too the cost of one controller / PIM (not always) is about the same or a little bit more than the cost of an automated widget. 

Here wife has gone to doing much now from Amazon Prime.  IE: favorite toothpaste today not available any more at any local grocery stores; such that she buys it in bulk.  Bunch of other stuff lately.   Local neighbor here (not working) built a gazabo in his back yard over 2-3 months piece by piece.  It was large enough for a small orchestra; that said I do not think that they use it.

ya, dual/secondary controllers is easy, but dual networks is a PITA.

And ties, man I had to wear one a month ago for an interview, ugh i hated it. The running joke in NorCal is that you can spot the dude on an interview, he's the only one wearing a tie. Most folks don't even wear them on sales calls.

pete_c said:
Here made the VRCOP a secondary to a Z-WavedotMe GPIO card.  I did have to put the two in close proximity.  Same as the Leviton RF+ remove.  Also here was able to copy the Z-Wave GPIO plus Z-Wave network to the Leviton RF+ remote then put that network in to the VRCOP.

The Z-Wave dot me GPIO card see's the VRCOP as a secondary. The VRCOP though acts as a primary to the OP2 panel.

When I send a command out via the OP2, the light switch goes on or off just fine.    The Z-Wave GPIO card doesn't see anything though status wise.

If I do the same via the Z-Wave GPIO card the OP2 / VRCop doesn't see anything.   Both devices are talking to one Z-Wave network.

Thinking like for like may work for you if it is one Z-Wave network.  Never tested two VRCOP's before.

None the less this stuff works better for me with the UPB PIMs and the same network and software and firmware multiple controllers.

Did you ever check the inside of that tie that was on your old picture.  You will not damage it if you are careful.  I understand it's been a couple of years now.

VRC0P is always a secondary controller, regardless to what it's connected, it cannot be primary.

Neither multiple controllers exchange any info when one of them activated a device, nor a controller activated device sends a notification to any controllers including the one it was activated by (other than an ack packet).  That's how sigma design geniuses "designed" their sorry excuse for a protocol.

VRC0P is always a secondary controller, regardless to what it's connected, it cannot be primary.

Neither multiple controllers exchange any info when one of them activated a device, nor a controller activated device sends a notification to any controllers including the one it was activated by (other than an ack packet).  That's how sigma design geniuses "designed" their sorry excuse for a protocol.

Understood.  Very mickey mouse sigma design.

I know it's been mentioned here a few times. 

@IVB; you can do dual Z-Wave controllers with Homeseer talking to two autonomous network and use a singular triggers / events to the two networks.   Here have a Zigbe ZIM and Z-Wave VRCOP plugged in to the OP2 panel. 

Just a few minutes ago here a weather alert sounded over the zoned audio.  Basically taking a weather radio analog ouput going to the OP2 panel which triggers another analog output going to the Homeseer server which does a NOAA alert screen scrape which then is read by Homeseer using MS SAPI speech.  The event utilizes a combo of different sensors all talking just fine to each other brought together by both the panel and software. (well and a touchscreen pop up if I want).

pete_c said:
@IVB; you can do dual Z-Wave controllers with Homeseer talking to two autonomous network and use a singular triggers / events to the two networks.   Here have a Zigbe ZIM and Z-Wave VRCOP plugged in to the OP2 panel. 

Just a few minutes ago here a weather alert sounded over the zoned audio.  Basically taking a weather radio analog ouput going to the OP2 panel which triggers another analog output going to the Homeseer server which does a NOAA alert screen scrape which then is read by Homeseer using MS SAPI speech.  The event utilizes a combo of different sensors all talking just fine to each other brought together by both the panel and software. (well and a touchscreen pop up if I want).

Yeah, CQC can do that too. I just don't see the need for 2 zWave networks. I use SmartThings because I can easily integrate with the echo. But I lose full keypad support and its a PITA to replicate to the VRCOP. The problem with RFIT is that its just so damn touchy.

With either controller once I get it all working, its fine. Until I add stuff.

I think my happy place will be to get RFIT/VRUSB to "good enough", then get the CQC Hue Simulator working so I can "discover" via the Echo and get native control back. Then not add a damn thing zWave wise and hope nothing breaks.

With any luck I can do that by tomorrow night. (Friday night). Wish me luck boys, i'm going in!

Yeah here personally I do like the 24/7 connectivity to the Internet / cloud.  I think it's a good thing.  BUT it's not soup yet. 

Every piece of communications transport that goes between the hardware (say a Hue lamp) and the controller/controllee can fail. 

The more you have the more apt that the communications will fail.  Not all clouds are created equal.

That is just the way it is. 

IE: it is the same for magical wireless.  The assumption is that it always works; just like a piece of wire used for transport or communications. 

It doesn't always work.

true, my internet went down 3x the week before last. That sucked, but for far more than HA. I can always use CQC to directly control my HA stuff, and if CQC fails I just operate devices by hand, like all my neighbors do.

The wife/kids were bugged they couldn't stream Netflix. Fortunately we have 16TB of media ripped, so we still had plenty of entertainment options :)

Night before last had issues streaming one movie.  What a PITA cuz I kept watching anyways.  Today I am having issues posting on Homeseer.  It seems to be a loosy goosey connection.  I don't have any issues posting here today.

Last night didn't want to deal with the internet streaming stuff (like from the night before) so I did stream a movie archived on my NAS.  That is relating to preparation to watch a new released movie in a series of same themed movies starting in 2002 maybe to understand the newest movie roots?

We had some lightning and the lights flashed once but the movie kept playing here.  Internet connection was fine.

The issue the night before last really was low on the WAF; well she just fell asleep anyways.  Well wife here does turn on / off lights via the wall switches if they are not doing their thing (well and they always do).

Back