Lightfair booth powered by Z-Wave...

ChrisWalker

I attended LightFair today in Las Vegas. I stopped by the Leviton booth, and they had both the VIZIA and VIZIA RF devices on display. They said that the new VIZIA style is a hit, and that they're looking forward to have the RF devices join the family! The people I spoke with were quite knowledgeable about Z-Wave; it was very cool.

Over at Cooper's booth, Z-Wave was taking over the show--literally. They had a giant double-wide booth totaling thousands of square feet, and it was all controlled by Z-Wave. Cooper Lighting had four computers set up (using the Z-Wave PC SDK and a nice custom interface for the booth) for people to test out different scenes in "mockup rooms" (such as a Nike showroom, hospital room, etc.) and the computers were controlling almost a hundred lights. They were using the Cooper Wiring Device Aspire RF devices behind the scenes. It was a great showing of the reliability of Z-Wave, and the ease of integration.

I also hear that the Z-Wave PC SDK integration was very straightforward for the company that built the displays, and everyone seemed to be very happy with the whole booth. It's nice to see this stuff used out there in places you never expected it... It made me smile.

Chris

I really like the look of VIZIA... enough to reconsider Z-Wave! Do you know if the VIZIA RF line will have the LED level bar? Will it be available in the cool VIZIA trimplate color options like red? Any idea about VIZIA RF pricing?

upstatemike said:
I really like the look of VIZIA... enough to reconsider Z-Wave! Do you know if the VIZIA RF line will have the LED level bar? Will it be available in the cool VIZIA trimplate color options like red? Any idea about VIZIA RF pricing?
From the display at Leviton's booth, it appears that the VIZIA RF devices have the same light bars, etc. as the non-RF devices.

I don't know about colors, but I imagine that they come in a few options--and if the faceplates are replacable (which is sort of what someone told me) you'd be able to mix and match all of them...

Chris

Are there any pictures of theseVIZIA switches to see what the buzz is all about.

Back