LIGHTING AUTOMATION....which way to go

gasbie

Guys, I have installed two grafik eye in my house and I was thinking of installing UPB in other area of the house where the grafik eye cannot cover. I have 2-three way location and four single switch location. Can someone tell me all the kits and tools I need to get things started. I am new to this part of automation. If there is other means that is simpler, let me know. Just to let y'all know, I will be using an automation software on a pc, so I need some kinda setup that I can control from the console. Thanks

If you currently have Grafik Eye in you home. Why don't you install RA2 from Lutron. That way you can stay with the same manufactor. I have this setup on my Omni pro2 and love it.

ok. so I'm thinking about doing this:
link my two grafik eyes and my RadioRa2 to my elk-M1G system. I want it wired in such a way that I can write
a command to tell M1G to turn on the lights if security alarm goes off or to turn the lights on for specific
part of the house if it senses motion when the alarm had been activated. Is this possible? If so, how can
I implement this

Guys, I have installed two grafik eye in my house and I was thinking of installing UPB in other area of the house where the grafik eye cannot cover. I have 2-three way location and four single switch location. Can someone tell me all the kits and tools I need to get things started. I am new to this part of automation. If there is other means that is simpler, let me know. Just to let y'all know, I will be using an automation software on a pc, so I need some kinda setup that I can control from the console. Thanks

In answer to your question
UPB Parts
single pole switches - PCS Pulseworx switches WS1D-6
for the 3 way applications. use a WS1D-6 and a RWS combination for each 3 way set up

you will need to download the software to your computer UPSTART

there is also an application to make it work from away from home if you wish down the road from any computer.

Back