Looking For A Source For 12V RCA Relays

upstatemike

I need some 12V RCA relays to switch line level audio signals without introducing noise on the line. These used to be common as they were used when adding third party audio gear into a car and have it switched on from a control signal from the original radio but now I can't seem to find any. Anybody know a source for relays designed to switch line level RCA signals from 12V? A relay designed to switch CATV coax (F connector) signals from 12V could also be made to work for this.

Here for my Russound system and TTS I mix the Amazon dot audio output with the Microsoft SAPI output relating to automation for whole house audio.

Well and the audio is already mixed before being mixed here as I use multiple instances of SAPI voices running in a Virtual Box and mix that with the audio from base Ubuntu OS then mix it again with the Amazon dot audio.

There was a time where I was going to use a multiple audio channel line level mixer and found out that just pairing up the audio inputs (no noise) worked fine for me.

Neither audio connection generates any noise.  I have another amplifier in the configuration with switches between two line level audio inputs and I always notice a delay of sorts in the switching which clips some of the audio.

If there isn't any line level noise on the two source audio inputs mixing the two works fine for me here.

pete_c said:
Here for my Russound system and TTS I mix the Amazon dot audio output with the Microsoft SAPI output relating to automation for whole house audio.

Well and the audio is already mixed before being mixed here as I use multiple instances of SAPI voices running in a Virtual Box and mix that with the audio from base Ubuntu OS then mix it again with the Amazon dot audio.

There was a time where I was going to use a multiple audio channel line level mixer and found out that just pairing up the audio inputs (no noise) worked fine for me.

Neither audio connection generates any noise.  I have another amplifier in the configuration with switches between two line level audio inputs and I always notice a delay of sorts in the switching which clips some of the audio.

If there isn't any line level noise on the two source audio inputs mixing the two works fine for me here.

Thanks but my application is to shut off inputs at certain times of the day so I need  a relay that can switch line level audio via a 12V signal without adding noise on the line.

Back