Looking for an 8 channel DVR

Thanks for the update. I was hoping the unit would be very similar in quality/performance to the NV desktop software, but I guess they aren't at that point yet. Keep us posted!

I am thinking about giving up on the Avermedia, I have had it for a month and I am becoming a little concerned that it may never live up to its specs.

I am still waiting on a new board from avermedia to fix the video problems I am having, but, the email has never worked and at this time it will not send a snapshot (avermedia says they are working on a fix).

Customer service is awesome but 30 days 1K plus an extra 30 bucks to ship the first one back I still dont have a working DVR, they say the board should be here this week.

In the mean time I have stumbled across this DVR Exelon EL-824, it looks pretty nice and it costs $395.00, What do yall think?

The Avermedia is a hybrid but after looking at prices on decent IP cameras I dont think I will be buying one soon enough for it to matter.

That's pretty disappointing, I was hoping that the AverMedia DVR would be a rock-solid unit, considering how well their Windows based software works. That Exelon unit seems to match my Vitek EH-8 DVR spec wise, the only big unknown is the recording FPS @ D1 resolution. Most of these low-end DVRs share the same hardware tho, so I am guessing it will do around 7 FPS per input @ D1.

What does the Vitek do? the avermedia will record 15fps @ D1. I will email the guy and see if the Exelon will do 15 or 7, 7 is ok but 15 is better ;)

That's pretty disappointing, I was hoping that the AverMedia DVR would be a rock-solid unit, considering how well their Windows based software works. That Exelon unit seems to match my Vitek EH-8 DVR spec wise, the only big unknown is the recording FPS @ D1 resolution. Most of these low-end DVRs share the same hardware tho, so I am guessing it will do around 7 FPS per input @ D1.
Who knows, after I get the new board it might be awesome, the customer support guy emailed me back last night and said the next firmware was in beta.

I cant say enough how pleased I am with Avermedia customer service.

Update on my Avermedia Eh5108H

I have received and installed the new board from Avermedia, it is working exactly like it is supposed to!

I have also received a beta firmware that addresses some of the email/snapshot problems, I can now set up motion triggers that send a snap shot.

One curious thing though is when I try to get it to sent directly to my iphone at&t does not like the format and blocks the image but when I send it to a regular email address it works just fine.

I also want to add that I have been working with the same person from Avermedia all this time and the customer service has been outstanding, he has even worked with me after hours on his own time.

Dan, are you still satisfied with your Vitek DVR?

What about you kccustom? Any improvement with the new firmware?

Thanks for the feedback.

It's reliable, and I don't have any major issues with it, so I guess I am happy with it. Still wish I could search / play archived video using non IE browsers, but this seems to be a common limitation.

Did anyone consider everfocus in their searches? Just curious as I am considering their product but wanted some feedback.

Thanks,
Neil

I've put in a few of the Speco wall mounts recently and I can't complain about them. Really a nice unit when there' no rack or lockbox being installed.

Back