Looking for some NextAlarm info

kccustom

I am having some trouble and I am wondering if anybody else has had a similar problem

I don't need an ABN but accidentally checked that I had voip so now I cant activate my account, I opened a work ticket yesterday Customer Service Ticket #3507837 and have not received a response, also I wondered if there was a number to actually call to ask questions.

Does a response usually take that long? I am about to pay for the full package but am reluctant now that it takes such a long time for a response via email.

I fell into the same trap because I didn't know that having VOIP required you to buy an ABN. I opened a ticket requesting an exception (probably on a Saturday) and they accepted my activation on Monday. I plan to switch to ethernet/internet monitoring as soon as it is available.

No phone number that I know about. I've been using nextalarm for about 2months in 2 locations and so far most of my help desk tickets have been answered in a couple of hours. I am using their ABN and so far it has been great. The only thing missing is the 2 way voice monitoring which I hear they are adding soon.

Update:
They Finally got back to me and pretty quick this time.

I bet it was because I opened three tickets at once yesterday, they just answered the last one. So I will send one and wait it seems quicker that way.

E-Notify is nifty, saves email space on my elk.

May I tag onto this thread with another question? I have an M1G that is not currently monitored. I have been looking at NextAlarm, based on the great recommendations here. I saw a screenshot of NextAlarm user account web pages, and see that it lists entries such as zones opening and closing, and arming status.
https://nextalarm.com/help/attach/ENotify/log.jpg
https://nextalarm.com/help/attach/ENotify/latchkey.jpg
Now, if the only connection to the Elk is through the phone jack, then the M1 must dial out every time something like an input zone changes, or the system is armed or disarmed??? That seems like an awful lot of phone calls. How long do those status calls last? How often do they happen? Is it configurable (I guess I can write rules for the Elk for just about anything)? Funny thing is, right now my Elk isn't dialing out every time some little thing changes (abviously, because I haven't told it to), so I guess really, it is up to me to set it up how I want to have it set up. I guess the whole point of this post is that I would like to know how you guys that have Elks and use NextAlarm to monitor are using them together for your home security solution.

Skip

I am using NextAlarm but personally am not using the e-notify stuff yet because I don't want the interference on the phone. When they support broadband I will turn all of that stuff on. Right now my Elk only makes a 'Period Test Report' daily and will obviously transmit on alarms.

I am using NextAlarm but personally am not using the e-notify stuff yet because I don't want the interference on the phone. When they support broadband I will turn all of that stuff on. Right now my Elk only makes a 'Period Test Report' daily and will obviously transmit on alarms.

I am using nextAlarm with their ABN Broadband Adapter that works great with my NX8e. Whey you say "When they support broadband", I am guessing you meant broadband on the Elk? Their website says the support the ELK M1 Gold? Do you have different model?

I am using nextAlarm with their ABN Broadband Adapter that works great with my NX8e. Whey you say "When they support broadband", I am guessing you meant broadband on the Elk? Their website says the support the ELK M1 Gold? Do you have different model?
Yes, I am waiting for the direct support of the M1 via the M1XEP ethernet module.

May I tag onto this thread with another question? I have an M1G that is not currently monitored. I have been looking at NextAlarm, based on the great recommendations here. I saw a screenshot of NextAlarm user account web pages, and see that it lists entries such as zones opening and closing, and arming status.
https://nextalarm.com/help/attach/ENotify/log.jpg
https://nextalarm.com/help/attach/ENotify/latchkey.jpg
Now, if the only connection to the Elk is through the phone jack, then the M1 must dial out every time something like an input zone changes, or the system is armed or disarmed??? That seems like an awful lot of phone calls. How long do those status calls last? How often do they happen? Is it configurable (I guess I can write rules for the Elk for just about anything)? Funny thing is, right now my Elk isn't dialing out every time some little thing changes (abviously, because I haven't told it to), so I guess really, it is up to me to set it up how I want to have it set up. I guess the whole point of this post is that I would like to know how you guys that have Elks and use NextAlarm to monitor are using them together for your home security solution.

Skip

I use the e-notify but I only have certain things turned on. If you use their broadband adapter (which I am using) it can report all day long without affecting your phone. The reason I limited my e-notify is because it is tied directly to v-notify. V-notify which calls your cell phone (or other phone) on the same events as e-notify. These calls are not related to "calling the police type of calls but just FYI calls. I use v-notify to let me know when someone has disarmed the vacation house just in case my kids/friends are "using it " with my permission.

Back