Nasty Robocols re NextAlarm from AlarmMonitoringServices.com

Linwood

I received a somewhat disturbing call.

It was a directed robocall indicating I was a NextAlarm subscriber.  I am not, but I was until spring 2014.  Since DIY alarm users are rare, and they had my home phone, I assume they somehow got ahold of a customer list.

The message went on to say specifically that "Do you know.." that Next Alarm is not licensed, CO licenses expired in three states (named, I forget which, but included Florida), that they were not answering their phones, ..... lots of stuff.  

No idea if true.

Then they urged you to contact AlarmMonitoringServices.com 

I guess how I feel about this varies a bit by whether what they said is absolutely true or not.  Though I'm also not on NextAlarm.  But I am annoyed that they somehow got a customer list with my home phone (I am also on the do not call list, so they are in violation of that law for sure).  So on balance I found the call a bit nasty and inappropriate.

Anyone else, past or present, Next Alarm users get the call?

Are the things they say true? 

I am getting similiar email / VM spam here. 

They are just spamming everybody in general. 

I do not think they have alarm company subscriber lists.

Same type of robocalls have come here in the midwest from a variety of a alarm companies.  It is just what they do.

AlarmMonitoringServices.com is a fraudulent company.  Stay away from them no matter what you read on their web site.

Over the years they have been sued, renamed their company and continue to be fraudulent. 

Funny thing about them is that the Washington State attorney's office sides with them telling me that the Washington State Attorney is as fraudulent as they are...sad note...

I got emails as well, and the email have definitely come from an email address ONLY NextAlarm knew. Maybe they were hacked.  I use coded email addresses so I know exactly where an email address comes from.

Yeah, Pete, the more I think about it, I think they have a list.  I can't imagine they are giving a specific "as a NextAlarm subscriber" calls to random phone numbers who might not have security systems at all, or the vast, vaster list of those who are not DIY.  They got a list. A ex employee, hack, whatever. Something. 

I am getting mickey mouse spam emails from AlarmMonitoringServices.con that write about next alarm and alarm relay and the emails are coming to my regular gmail account.

It is understood that the calls are coming to your home. 

There is no privacy relating to your telephone number these days.  Even registering with the do not call dot org folks doesn't work today.

pete_c said:
There is no privacy relating to your telephone number these days.  Even registering with the do not call dot org folks doesn't work today.
I am just SHOCKED by that information. 

By the way, with the Equifax hack, they probably have your address, social security number and drivers license number also.

I'm not surprised by someone knowing my phone number, but knowing I was a NextAlarm customer is a bit harder to uncover.  It doesn't concern me per se, but it does give the impression that AlarmMonitoringServices.com is unethical.

Just got an AlarmMonitoringServices.com Next alarm message a few minutes ago.

I did a reverse lookup on the 866-616-1663 and see this which are all advertisements posted by AlarmMonitoringServices.

These are crooks with a anointed blessing from the crooked Washington Attorney General office.

Goes to securesite.shoppingcartsplus.com site.

scum1.jpg

and this one which is using many company names.

skum2.jpg

and this one.

skum3.jpg

Linwood said:
I'm not surprised by someone knowing my phone number, but knowing I was a NextAlarm customer is a bit harder to uncover.  It doesn't concern me per se, but it does give the impression that AlarmMonitoringServices.com is unethical.
You'd be surprised what people say in public forums, and there are companies that find it.  For example....
-You use a TED
-You have UPB
-You use Alarm Relay, but used to use NextAlarm
-You installed your M1G in 2012
-In 2015 you got a Hikvision DC-2CD2332-I
-You installed VoIP in 2014

I get that though it's hard to tie that to a phone number.  Not impossible of course.

But if they were reading the forum well they'd have called me with the "Alarm relay stinks" call instead.

I just think (notably the posting above about the email used only for NextAlarm) it more likely they got hacked.

I also use a different email for every site.  Haven't gotten any email on this yet, but in recent time I've had first my Adobe email account spammed with malicious content, then one for a photography forum, and right now one for a network management tool (need to go change that one).   I think all of these were hacks, just because they were limited to those accounts, and lots of others at the same sites got it also.

Yesterday did a search of my spam bucket emails and found an email from said company. 

It mentioned a number of nationwide alarm companies and not just Next Alarm.   The email was pages long and had multiple links after each of the alarm companies mentioned going to their sales web site.

The telemarketing industry has been paying high priced lobbyist for their justification to do business.  Very mickey mouse because it is all relating to money and using the term "job creation" to justify their illicit behavior.

I just received their voicemail in my Google Voice account which I don't monitor much.  The message was bashing NextAlarm and called me a "NextAlarm subscriber" which I am not. I think I am going to forward this to the AZ Attorney General which has a good track record on following up on these.

Back