Lost Transmitter after firmware upgrade?

jlegault

I get a "lost transmitter" error message showing up every 5 sec or so on the keypads. Started happening after I upgrade to the latest firmware. I use a 8 device caddix wireless receiver with just two keyfobs on it. The keyfobs still work fine. Any ideas?

BrandonStapp said:
did you reload the wireless settings and check your zone input settings after the upgrade?
No, how do I do this? The setup is still correct in the wireless setup menus. And the keyfobs are working?

connect and do a send all. did you upgrade ElkRP after the firmware upgrade?

your input zones are seperate from your wireless transmitters, check your input zone settings just to be sure all the settings are still in there.

BrandonStapp said:
connect and do a send all. did you upgrade ElkRP after the firmware upgrade?

your input zones are seperate from your wireless transmitters, check your input zone settings just to be sure all the settings are still in there.
Yup, I did the send all right after the upgrade. Everything appears to be correct in the settings and functioning.

Make sure the supervision option is not checked on the wireless zone setup. If supervision is checked, the M1 will expect a supervisory transmission from the keyfob. Keyfobs do not send supervisory transmissions and you will get a "Lost transmitter" error on the keypad.

Spanky said:
Make sure the supervision option is not checked on the wireless zone setup. If supervision is checked, the M1 will expect a supervisory transmission from the keyfob. Keyfobs do not send supervisory transmissions and you will get a "Lost transmitter" error on the keypad.
That was it. Thanks for the help guys.

You can push a button on the keyfob and that will clear the "Lost Transmitter".
Otherwise, cycle power on the M1 to clear the "Lost Transmitter". It normally only goes away on receipt of the transmitter signal.

Back