Lutron Wire

Can anyone recommend a good place to get Lutron Pink, Red, and Yellow wire? I've searched for it, and the prices seem to vary quite a bit, but I'm hesitant to use an online retailer I'm not familiar with.

hehe ;)

You should definitely ask in both forums. As I said, though, very few HW DIYers, but there is one person who DIYed the original HW (not QS). Herdfan is a member here on CT and at AVS, search for his posts.

I really think you should call in a pro for the design. You'll definitely eventually need a source for the hardware, not sure how open QS is to distribution. If you can find a distributor of QS, that person may be able to assist with design.

My local Lutron rep is super friendly. Your rep may be able to help you out, or may just send you to a local dealer. Maybe you can strike a deal, explaining kindly that you're overqualified, motivated, and won't buy Lutron if you can't DIY.

Many HW discussions at remotecentral.com Custom Installers Lounge forum. Maybe you can hire one of those guys, remotely, for the design. You still won't have the software, though. That's a dealbreaker.

You really should consider UPB, or RF. Lutron RA2 is pretty strong, and you can get software if you're motivated.

Back