M1Gold + Homeseer

upstatemike said:
I am thinking of getting a caddx wireless board but I am worried about range. I have lots of chimneys and brick walls and such. Can 1 receiver really cover an entire house or are there likely to be dead spots?
They have a pretty good range but there are options - see PM.

upstatemike said:
Madcodger said:
Something else to think about: If wiring becomes a problem at some point (i.e., once the drywall is up) the CADDX wireless board that you can add to the Elk does a great job. I use it with several wireless smoke detectors, and it responds just as fast as the wired (redundant) system in testing. I haven't tried the other wireless security devices they make, but understand they working equally well.
I am thinking of getting a caddx wireless board but I am worried about range. I have lots of chimneys and brick walls and such. Can 1 receiver really cover an entire house or are there likely to be dead spots?
Mine has been great so far. The house isn't huge (~3500 sq ft.) but the Elk is in the basement in a corner closet that's also filled with wiring. We have Mexican tile on much of the 1st floor as well. I don't know if the situation would change with lots of stone, etc., but my experience has been that the range is great.

Back