M1KP2 - Zone Input

wanted

Hi All

I've just wired up my doorbell button to the keypad zone input "zone 193".

However i can not work out how to select this zone in the rules - the only zones that show up in RP are the hardwired zones.

What have i missed.

Thanks

Anthony

I worked it out.

So simply "right click on zones and select add"

However the zone always has a violated state "Short" - ive set to non alarm - normally open.

I've cut the wire of the kp and it still shows a short????

Thanks anyway

I've just noticed a capacitor on the back of the kp near the wire connector that appears to be damaged / burnt out.

The keypad still works however i suspect this capacitor has something to do with the zone input.

Iv'e ordered a new keypad to replace - fingers crossed that is the problem.

Anthony

I think you are about there.

From ELKRP enroll input expander 13. Define the zone definition: burg perimeter, etc. Define normally open or normally closed, or EOL. If it is showing short, do you have a closed door switch connected to it. With nothing connected to the zone input on the keypad, it should show open. You can go to ELKRP status screen and see what the M1 is seeing.

A damaged cap. on the board is not a good sign however.

I think you are about there.

From ELKRP enroll input expander 13. Define the zone definition: burg perimeter, etc. Define normally open or normally closed, or EOL. If it is showing short, do you have a closed door switch connected to it. With nothing connected to the zone input on the keypad, it should show open. You can go to ELKRP status screen and see what the M1 is seeing.

A damaged cap. on the board is not a good sign however.

Hi Spanky

I'm quite confident the damaged cap is the problem, i set the zone to NO and with nothing connected to the wire both RP & KP show the zone as violated "short".

I should receive my new KP early in the week. "just a mystery how the cap got damaged"

Anthony

Just a quick Update

Received new KP and all is working correctly

Thanks for all you help guys

Anthony

Back