Bypass a zone on a

arthur.goldberg

We have a DSC WT5500 which is about 10 years old.

One of the window sensors is broken, because the cover does not stay on reliably. While I'm fixing that, I want to bypass the window's zone.

The only documentation I was able to find on DSC website is a manual for WT5500 installation available. It's not clear whether that's the right manual, because the label on the keypad does not specify a model number.

I know how to scroll through my security zones, and the keypad has a bypass button, but I don't know how to use the button to bypass a zone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

small keyboard.jpg

label-jpg.11179

Attachments

• label.jpg
    label.jpg
    868.8 KB · Views: 24
By trial and error I've figured out how to access a "Scroll to Bypass Zones" screen.
bypass zones.jpg
And I know how to get to the zone I want to bypass.

But as far as I can tell, the Bypass button does not work. Please share instructions for using the Bypass functionality on a DSC WT5500.

Digital Security Controls, if you're reading this, I own my alarm system. You have a clear moral and ethical obligation to make the full instructions on how to use it available to me and everyone else who owns a DSC WT5500. We have a right to operate and configure our alarm systems ourselves. Live up to your obligations now.

I will pursue all legal and political avenues available in the United States of America to assert these rights.

Regards
Arthur

I'm not an expert on the DSC panels, but know a bit about them. The WT5500 is a wireless keypad that connects to the alarm panel. How you bypass a zone will depend on the panel it is operating with. What model DSC panel do you have?

Thanks Ral.
I believe it's a RESIDENTIAL FIRE/BURGLARY CONTROLLER, and one of these models: PC9155-433, PC9155-433, PC91550-433, PC91556-433, PC91551-433, depending on what's included.
Arthur

Here is a link to the user manual for the PS9155-433. DSC makes most of their manuals available for download on their website.

Note that bypassing a zone does not make use of the Bypass key! Makes you wonder why they have one since this procedure is the same for many DSC panels.

From the manual:

DSC Panel Bypass Zones.jpg

There are a few DSC security systems owned by board members of HomeSeer (look into the DSC Plugin Threads). They may also be a resource for information on your system.

Back