M1XEP HELP

Hi all,
Suddenly, my M1XEP became invisible.  RP cannot locate it.  I have rebooted the internet and re-powered the M1XEP but no luck.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for your help!

When you say RP can't find it, do you mean when you do a Find from the M1XEP Setup screen?  If so, that doesn't sound good.

I would check that the XEP is getting 12V from it's power source.   If that's ok, next check/swap the ethernet cable going to the XEP.

Log in to your router and look at its list of connected devices to see if the XEP's MAC address is showing up.

There are also some troubleshooting steps you can follow at the end of the XEP manual.

If none of that works, I'd say your XEP is probably dead.

Well, you confirmed my suspensions.  My router does not show it as a connected device, I have 12+v power and swapping the cat6 is not helping.  I do have an orange light on the XEP and cannot remember if it was always that color.

I've had this happen before. Run a search on these forums how to jumper your m1xep into dhcp mode.

After a power outage for some reason the unit gets itself into a static or non dhcp mode where the network does not pick up an ip address

treo650 said:
I've had this happen before. Run a search on these forums how to jumper your m1xep into dhcp mode. After a power outage for some reason the unit gets itself into a static or non dhcp mode where the network does not pick up an ip address

That's worth a try, but usually the Find command will find an XEP no matter which mode it is in, even if it hasn't been assigned an IP address.

Back