M1XIN # of flashes map?

IVB

Debugging a problem with 2 of my M1XINs after a recent power surge. Can't find a map/legend of what the # of flashes on the LED means. Assuming I don't find it the second I press "post new topic", can you help a guy out :)

The number  of  flashes per second are the number  of home automation accessories you still have left to buy before  achieving HA nirvana.     :)

Found this on the Elk site:

For the M1XIN "LED Blink" pattern

1=OK
   2=No Comm
   3=Not Enrolled
   4=Invalid Address
   5=OK To Enroll
   6=Address In Use

Thanks! I couldn't find it.

I'm battling a "3" (not enrolled), but the darn thing won't enroll. I just switched from an M1DHBR to M1DBH, checking my terminations again now in case that's it. Darn frustrating...

IVB, I suspect you have done this, but if not:  make sure you first disconnect the power from the XIN and enroll everything without it.  Then hook up power and try to re-enroll. 

Thanks. I finally got this portion working. Turns out one of my keypads is always being seen as terminating the bus even though there's no terminating jumper. It wasn't the M1XIN, it just happened to sit after it on the M1DBH. Anything I added after that was wonky.

I ended up adding each device one at a time, moving that keypad down with each addition.

Yeah that took 12+ manhours to figure out. I kept recrimping wires, tried everything...

Back