M1XSP questions

DeLicious

so, i think i have the M1XSP serial expander enrolled correctly... in fact, when i go into the installer menu through the keypad and enroll modules, the serial expander shows up just fine... however, when i go into elkRP to look at the firmware revision, elkRP says there are no serial expanders enrolled. why would the keypad and elkRP be different in this regard?

Can't say I know for sure why you are seeing that behavior, but what if you re-enroll it from within RP?

What is the address set to? Do you have another XSP with duplicated address? Does RP see all the other modules? Check the wiring and termination too...

the address is set to 9. it is the only type 5 expander. it's connected via databus hub. the wiring seems pretty sound since it is not the last expander on the hub (my wireless expander is on the next port and it seems to work ok). elkRP does in fact see all the other expanders, including the wireless. no idea what is going on. the termination should be handled ok since the databus has the terminator in the last port, but i'll check again kicks...

i'd like to get spanky's opinion on this.

the address is set to 9. it is the only type 5 expander. it's connected via databus hub. the wiring seems pretty sound since it is not the last expander on the hub (my wireless expander is on the next port and it seems to work ok). elkRP does in fact see all the other expanders, including the wireless. no idea what is going on. the termination should be handled ok since the databus has the terminator in the last port, but i'll check again kicks...

i'd like to get spanky's opinion on this.

The only valid addresses for the M1XSP are 1 through 7. Review page 3 of the M1XSP manual. If you only have 1 M1XSP on your data bus then set it to address 1 and then do a re-enroll.

Back