[Manufacturer] Simply Automated, Incorporated.

Desert_AIP said:
Any chance to get UPB switches that transmit separate links for single and double taps?

I have about 60 SA switches installed, and that is the one capability I really crave.

I asked PCS for this feature during beta testing in 2003.  It would have made the switches incredibly more flexible.

JonW said:
I asked PCS for this feature during beta testing in 2003.  It would have made the switches incredibly more flexible.

When I look at some of the functions in Upstart I could probably pick a register or two that I'd drop in favor of multi-link capability.

A US2-40 has 8 registers for transmit links, a US22-40 has 16.
I'm surprised a US11-40 can't have more than 2.

JonW said:

Well it's only been 10 years so there's still a chance. :)  I was hoping Lutron RadioRa2 functionality would get a double press as well.

Desert_AIP said:
I would like to see a four button faceplate for the US240s that has four horizontal full width buttons and taller. 
Essentially breaking up the decora cutout into 4 equally sized vertically stacked buttons.
The behavior would be identical to the current 4 button oval or rectangular button faceplate, but the buttons would be larger with an area for engraving/labelling.

A half rocker with two lower push buttons of the same design would also be nice.
This is another I've often wanted - is these full-width buttons - they'd look so much better.  Even if the switch has trouble tellign which side is being pressed, I don't care if I have to duplicate the same event for both buttons it straddles.

Work2Play said:
Welcome Millard!  Glad to hear that it sounds like UPB isn't "dying on the vine" afterall - I wrote the article in my signature about implementing SA UPB - I would love to see some new devices - top of my list is a ceiling fan control.  Otherwise, I've found tremendous flexibility in the product line. 

I'm curious - what's the best way to test if a device is causing noise?  I'm even OK with buying or borrowing some reasonable test equipment for the purpose; I have some EMI filters I get pretty affordably and they're very compact - I'd like a way to verify if they're doing the trick (I could send one to you guys too if that'd help) - and I'd love to be able to test inline between a strip and the outlet to see if there's a lot of noise or signal sucking going on. 
If the noise is in the UPB communication band (4K to 40K Hz) then UPStart software and a computer interface module is all that is needed.  There is a signal/noise meter function in UPStart that uses the interface module to sense the power line.  Other than that, and o-scope is best for braodband noise.  You'd be surprised to find that there are little single board O-scopes available for less than $100.  Check out ebay "hand held Mini O-scope", there are a few for less than $100.  Regarding the filter, just make sure it can hendle the current/load it's filtering.  

Desert_AIP said:
When I look at some of the functions in Upstart I could probably pick a register or two that I'd drop in favor of multi-link capability.

A US2-40 has 8 registers for transmit links, a US22-40 has 16.
I'm surprised a US11-40 can't have more than 2.
The registers are one part the operating memory is another.  The chip used in most all UPB is very limmited on memory, which is the main problem.

Work2Play said:
This is another I've often wanted - is these full-width buttons - they'd look so much better.  Even if the switch has trouble tellign which side is being pressed, I don't care if I have to duplicate the same event for both buttons it straddles.
Very good input! Thank you!! We'll take this to heart.

Can you tackle a problem I am having with a HAI OmniPro2 controlling 80 UPB devices (mostly SA)?

Back