Mi Casa Verde Vera2 Home Automation Z-Wave Controller **Factory Refurb** Vera 2 <$100 shipped

az1324

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140735678094

The Vera2 refurb package contains the following:
  • 1x Vera2 Z-Wave Router
  • 1x Exterior Battery Pack
  • 1x Vera2 Power Supply
  • 1x Wall Charger for Battery Pack
  • 1x Cable to connect Battery Pack to Vera2
  • 1x Vera2 Footstand
  • 1x 56" Ethernet Cable
  • 1x Vera2 Quickstart Guide

Can someone who uses this product comment on its performance?

I read many posts, in its community forum, reporting numerous issues that contradict the manufacturer's Utopian pitch. I really wanted to like this product but I can't ignore the number of complaints (and the manufacturer's silence).

123-
I feel exactly the same way and is why I avoided this product for so long, but at less than $100 I'm thinking of giving it a shot. The main thing I'm looking for is Zwave integration and since I'm starting from scratch it is cheaper than buying primary/secondary controllers along with a serial port expander if I wanted to integrate with my Elk. If it fails I'll ebay it.

I have one running, mostly to service/monitor my door lock. I did just receive a few more Z-Wave switches, so I am going to give that a shot as well. Combined with a decent smartphone app which can use their web service (so you don't have to open up any firewall ports), it makes it a pretty attractive solution.

Back