MicraG and PlungerG results with ELK M1 Gold and M1XRF2G

what is the deal with the oval magnets? I was trying to install these today on some vinyl windows and would have needed to recess the magnet.

I ended up having to grind the magnet down, what a PIA...

Can anyone recommand a round magnet to go with these?

I too was very impressed with the ion transmitters. I was originally going to purchase them for my set up but was told the plunger-G had some reliability issues since it's plastic, not sure how reliable the source was though.

Since this thread is active... a couple comments.
1) the original plunger model was nearly impossible to get out without damaging when it came time to replace the battery.  I destroyed two (and the batteries didn't last long or came low).  I talked to the company and they actually sent me a replacement - the design has changed from the pics at the beginning of this thread and now there are provisions to screw it in (instead of just press in) and there's a spacer included.

2) I have a ton of the window version in my vinyl windows - those have all worked flawlessly; however I haven't been all that thrilled with the plunger ones.  On my front door I had problems but they were rectified with a new battery; I also have them on my kids' rooms (so I know if they get up after bed time, and also to turn on the lights for them outside their rooms and in the bathroom) - but those two have given me problems not always working.   I also have one on a hall closet to automate the lights - performance is ok like 95% of the time, but with security, you really want 100%.  Also to note - because they're installed hinge-side, the door has to be open a little more to trigger these.  May not seem like a big deal, but I want to know if my exterior doors aren't closed all the way.

Work2Play said:
Since this thread is active... a couple comments.
1) the original plunger model was nearly impossible to get out without damaging when it came time to replace the battery.  I destroyed two (and the batteries didn't last long or came low).  I talked to the company and they actually sent me a replacement - the design has changed from the pics at the beginning of this thread and now there are provisions to screw it in (instead of just press in) and there's a spacer included.

2) I have a ton of the window version in my vinyl windows - those have all worked flawlessly; however I haven't been all that thrilled with the plunger ones.  On my front door I had problems but they were rectified with a new battery; I also have them on my kids' rooms (so I know if they get up after bed time, and also to turn on the lights for them outside their rooms and in the bathroom) - but those two have given me problems not always working.   I also have one on a hall closet to automate the lights - performance is ok like 95% of the time, but with security, you really want 100%.  Also to note - because they're installed hinge-side, the door has to be open a little more to trigger these.  May not seem like a big deal, but I want to know if my exterior doors aren't closed all the way.

I installed mine on the latch side, not the hinge side.  I've had zero problems with reliability.  The gap on the magnetic version is pretty high, to the point where I would not put them on the hinge side.

Back