Moisture Sensing

FrankMc

Hi Eric

Im interested in moisture sensing using 1wire and i recall in the xPL Forums that you were (i hope) writing an xPL PLugin for your 1 wire kit.... Has this happened ? If so i would be interested in purchasing some moisture sensors , moisture meters , leaf sensor and a serial interface.............

Also i currently have a couple of Simon Atkins 1wire hubs , can i use one of these ???

Thanks
Frank

Frank,

The XPL 1-Wire plug-in has slowed a bit because Hobby Boards picked up. I still plan on getting something out there sometime. I just need 2 or 3 of me. Wait on second thought I don't think I could handle 2 or 3 of me :)

Yes you can use Simon Atkin's hubs. Our design is based on his (with his permission of course).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Eric

Hi Eric

I suspected you might be too busy (which is good) ;-)......

TBH........What i really would like is a moisture board which has either a dry contact interface or open collector output which indicates moisture status..Then i could interface it directly to my Probe system which already has a xPL Plugin.......

What would be good is to have a board which has both interfaces ..1 wire and dry contact/open collector.....Users could purchase with either interface or both ...???

Also in another thread theres an interesting water detection chip ...might be worth having a read.......

Thanks
Frank

FrankMc said:
What would be good is to have a board which has both interfaces ..1 wire and dry contact/open collector.....Users could purchase with either interface or both ...???
Could not agree more.

Hi Eric

Is this open collector moisture sensor something that you may consider developing some time soon ..?? Or is it a non starter ...???

If you were to develope a open collector version i would be up for around 6 to 10 units ..along with the gysum sensors and leaf sensors.....

Thanks
Frank

Frank,

I think that it would be a useful addition to our product line-up but I can tell you that it won't be available for a while. I have a few other projects that I'm working on right now that I need to finish before I add anything else to my plate.

Eric

Hi Eric

Thanks for the feedback...Looks like i need to look for another solution or else wait for your xPL 1 wire support......

Frank

Back