mousetrap 2.0

funny thing is, this mouse was in the cooker since 4am, right next to my head, that's the first time I spent the night with a dead mouse ;)

If I were you, I certainly would not post in a public forum, that I had been sleeping with dead mice! LOL!

unrealii ! ! !! ! Hahahahah! I can't beleive you are using that as your avatar! KEWL! I did that picure in Photoshop as a joke about the penguin smaking game hehehe.. I found a picture of a penguin, changed the background to white and photoshoped in a picket sign I found an image of. Then just freehand with the mouse wrote the text. hahahah It does make a pretty kewl avatar!

Super Mouse Trap - here's my version of what we call the "Super Mouse Trap". The picture shows it at our summer place which is essentially unoccupied (and unheated) from November through April. There are 2 particularly nice things about this trap - first, it allows you to catch multiple mice, and secondly, it doesn't smell!

Here's how it works. (See the picture below)

Parts:
- a pail
- a 4x8 inch tin can set to 'spin' on a thin metal bar
- an 18 inch 1x6 board
- plumbing antifreeze
- peanut butter

Assembly:
- 5 inches of plumbing antifreeze in the bottom of the pail
- the spinning tin can set in the center of the pail, suspended by the metal bar through the middle of the can, afixed to the top of the pail opening (drilled holes 1/2 inch or so from top of pail)
- peanut butter spread on the tin can
- 1x6 inch ramp from the ground to the rim of the pail (with a screw on the end to hook the edge of the pail)

How it works:
- mice smell the peanut butter
- runs up the ramp
- they can't reach the peanut butter from the edge, so they "jump" onto the can
- the can spins, and they fall into the pail, into the 5 inches of antifreeze
- next mouse does the same, (Do while pail not full)

This has worked for us for the past 3 years. You can catch LOTS of mice!

Attachments

• super_mouse_trap.jpg
    super_mouse_trap.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 33
Ingenious, Jeff! I'll have to try this. But it seems a shame not to use electricity. Can't we add some 110V to the antifreeze or something? :eek:

Mark

Back