Mrspeed's Home Automation Project

I should be adding some more pictures in a couple days, I am almost done with all my wiring, since I last posted I got just about all my speakers installed. I installed the Russound, the video matrix and much more. I am pleased with the progress I have made.

What type of speakers did you use?

I just recently upgraded my OPII board and was able to relatively easily update board because of the little bit of play I had with the zone wires etc. The old board was in place for 6 years. I tried to be somewhat more neat in the OPII that I put in FL. Now wondering if I every need to upgrade the OPII board in FL whether it'll be something of a chore because of how I wired it.

Having the OPII in the Leviton (?) panel makes it easier to wire than the 14" cabinet.

What type of speakers did you use?

I just recently upgraded my OPII board and was able to relatively easily update board because of the little bit of play I had with the zone wires etc. The old board was in place for 6 years. I tried to be somewhat more neat in the OPII that I put in FL. Now wondering if I every need to upgrade the OPII board in FL whether it'll be something of a chore because of how I wired it.

Having the OPII in the Leviton (?) panel makes it easier to wire than the 14" cabinet.

I ended up going with the monoprice 8 inch speakers, I tried their 6.5 speakers but did not care much form them "they did not have enough base". Although I am sure there are better speakers out there, maybe i will consider something better down the road, for now the monoprice speakers are sufficient for my household. I bought the leviton because that is what homedepot had, but it does work for me.

Hard to beleive that it has been almost three years since I started my project. I will update with new pictures over the next couple days!!! I do promiss to add the pictures this time :)

Back