Mv settings for a solar sensor

smitty_kiwi

Hi,
I have a site at http://www.alpnz.co.nz/wx which reports a solar reading. However in the middle of the day, I believe the sensor becomes either too hot, or too something, overloads, and reports zero mV, in the wdisplay software.
However if I view the sensor in onewire viewer it has an output of .255 mV on the 3 channel. Do I input a value of say .275 as the maximum mV capability of the sensor into wdisplay?.
The solar sensor has been modified, in that the legs have been extended, and the board water protected, and housed in a Young Gill plate RS. with a hole drilled in top for the sensor to protrude trough. The sensor is covered with a glass medicine vial.

I will provide a photo next time I am up there.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Hi,
I have a site at http://www.alpnz.co.nz/wx which reports a solar reading. However in the middle of the day, I believe the sensor becomes either too hot, or too something, overloads, and reports zero mV, in the wdisplay software.
However if I view the sensor in onewire viewer it has an output of .255 mV on the 3 channel. Do I input a value of say .275 as the maximum mV capability of the sensor into wdisplay?.
The solar sensor has been modified, in that the legs have been extended, and the board water protected, and housed in a Young Gill plate RS. with a hole drilled in top for the sensor to protrude trough. The sensor is covered with a glass medicine vial.

I will provide a photo next time I am up there.

Any help gratefully accepted.

I am in process to finalize some java class to measure solar energy, and have some challenge with HB sensor ... HB solar sensor/board design was design probably to give more fine steps on working range sun light ... that mean you can measure from 0 W/m2 till 742 W/m2 (0 - 250mV) at temperature of -40°C to +125°C , so if you value are more then 250 mV you are out of standard range for AD conversion according documentation ... I am still working to found what rally happen with AD part of chip when voltage jump over 250mV . I will post what I found including Java class.

Back