solar sensor outpu in WD always 249.700 mv

ingfraleometeo

Hi folks,
Inside 1-wire section in WD I can see that everything is installed and recognized properly

******Searching for Weather station sensors****
******Searching for Weather station sensors part 2****
Humidity type i-button found, ID E5000000B64A1E26
***5th Humidity or solar i-button allocated to, ID E5000000B64A1E26
Leaf or soil i-button found, ID B800001195789A30
***Leaf i-button allocated to, ID B800001195789A30
Switch (windspeed or rain or lightening counter) i-button found ID 3C0000000C918C1D
***Lightening detector found and allocated: 3C0000000C918C1D

Leaf and Lightning sensor work well, I have a question about Solar sensor used with solar CLD240.
As i have no external power but only parassitic I removed the jumper on the board.
When I see Solar Setup of 1-wire WD I see always same value of 249.700 mv despite of day or night. That value remains constant during the whole day.

My daisy chain is like the following:

leaf sensor ---- lightning sensor ----- solar sensor -------- 1 wire to USB adapter ----> PC

Is it correct that mv value of solar sensor is always the same all along the day ?

I have made some more check

I have isolated solar sensor , so no daisy chain but only solar sensor connected via USB adapter to PC and i get same behaviuor : always 249,700 mv despite of day and night. Only when i disconnect sensor from solar board i got 0.00 mv but it is right due to signal absence.

I verified all connectors and wiring and it is all ok...can't understand where is the fault...maybe the solar sensor board is broken or the CLD240 itself ?

Any idea about ?

Thanks
Francesco

Franceso,

Have you tried using the OneWireViewer to see what the actual output of the solar sensor is?

Let me know if need more detailed instructions on how to get the solar reading from inside the OneWireViewer.

Eric

Franceso,

Have you tried using the OneWireViewer to see what the actual output of the solar sensor is?

Let me know if need more detailed instructions on how to get the solar reading from inside the OneWireViewer.

Eric

yep..i'm looking at Onewire viewer now
attached is what I see

Attachments

• solar_AtoD.zip
    52.5 KB · Views: 26
When you start up the OneWireViewer if you have the Solar device plugged in you will see a DS2438 (it may show a smart battery monitor) show up in the left hand list box. If you click on the DS2438 then some tabs will show up on the right hand side of the screen. Click on the AtoD tab and you will get 3 channels 0, 1, and 2. Channel 0 is the input voltage and should be around 5v, channel 1 is used for the humidity sensor and will show random voltages or 0 if you have the solar only. Channel 2 is the solar channel and should be anywhere from 0 or a little negative to about 0.250. You would have to have an extremely bright light to get it to read 0.250 though.

Let me know if that helps.

I must be half asleep since I just noticed that you had attached a file. I took a look at it and your solar channel is maxed out. Is there anyway for you to take a picture of the solar sensor and that part of the board. I want to make sure that the sensor is not installed backwards.

Eric

When you start up the OneWireViewer if you have the Solar device plugged in you will see a DS2438 (it may show a smart battery monitor) show up in the left hand list box. If you click on the DS2438 then some tabs will show up on the right hand side of the screen. Click on the AtoD tab and you will get 3 channels 0, 1, and 2. Channel 0 is the input voltage and should be around 5v, channel 1 is used for the humidity sensor and will show random voltages or 0 if you have the solar only. Channel 2 is the solar channel and should be anywhere from 0 or a little negative to about 0.250. You would have to have an extremely bright light to get it to read 0.250 though.

I must be half asleep since I just noticed that you had attached a file. I took a look at it and your solar channel is maxed out. Is there anyway for you to take a picture of the solar sensor and that part of the board. I want to make sure that the sensor is not installed backwards.

Eric

Hi eric
here it is the pic of
- daisy chain
- sensot CLD

take into account that CLD sensor is inserted in a tennis table ball

Attachments

• daisy_chain.JPG
    daisy_chain.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 29

Eric

Hi eric
here it is the pic of
- daisy chain
- sensot CLD

take into account that CLD sensor is inserted in a tennis table ball

here is the other picture

Attachments

• cld_sensor.JPG
    cld_sensor.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 19
Has it ever worked? If so then I would say the the CLD140 has gone bad. If not then try reversing the wires going to the CLD140.

Eric

Has it ever worked? If so then I would say the the CLD140 has gone bad. If not then try reversing the wires going to the CLD140.

Eric
it has always worked. I also tried to reversing the wires going to CLD140 but if i do that the daisy chain is not recognized and i can't see any sensor inside WD.
is the CLD140 under warranty ?

So at the end, Eric which is your conclusion...wht is it ? the CLD or the solar sensor board ? According to type of problem which is the mainly root cause ?

I figure it is the sensor but you can somewhat test this out by removing the solar sensor and see if your readings go back down to 0.

Eric

Back