My car was broke into

I own a small auto repair shop and have had customers vehicles broken into twice over the years with EXCELLENT pictures caught of the thieves with my camera system. The only problem is these pictures do absolutely nothing catching the thief unless somebody knows them. And in my part of the country, you are Lucky if law enforcement even shows up to write up a report, much less try to find the guy.
Good insurance, and maybe a decent alarm is about all you can do to protect your self from thieving scum!

JMHO...

I own a small auto repair shop and have had customers vehicles broken into twice over the years with EXCELLENT pictures caught of the thieves with my camera system. The only problem is these pictures do absolutely nothing catching the thief unless somebody knows them. And in my part of the country, you are Lucky if law enforcement even shows up to write up a report, much less try to find the guy.
Good insurance, and maybe a decent alarm is about all you can do to protect your self from thieving scum!

JMHO...

I understand and agree with you. But I think that having a camera is at least worth it for the one time that you can catch the guy. I know the odds are against me but most local crimes such as residential car burglarys come from teenage kids and my thoughts are that there could be the possibility that if I have a good enough picture one of the police may recognize them from a past crime or one of the neighbors may recognize them. I sent that video to 50 people already just on my work e-mail list. I work close to home and so do many of my co-workers. I think if I had a decent image and a good detective on the case that I could get those guys.

Of course I have neither so my chances are slim. If I had a decent image I would be all over the schools and neighbors asking them for help but theres no point since I don't have any real ID on the guy.

There's not much I hate more in the world than a thief.

We were using x10 motions in our cars and a chime module, worked like a charm.

When we had a restaurant we caught a couple of thieves, the look on their face was priceless seeing 4 people running out of the back door with the biggest butcher knifes we could grab.

I think if I had a decent image and a good detective on the case that I could get those guys.

There's not much I hate more in the world than a thief.

How about a wireless camera IN the car?

That's actually a good idea but I've never found a wireless camera that can transmit 40' through a building and not have a horrible staticy reception. That is a good idea tho sine I do have 16 Chan DVR and only using one right now.

Or, how about a sting operation, you could set up a camera and 12 volt recorder in another vehicle next to yours. Seems the
person that broke into your car knew what he was going after, I bet any money that it's someone you know or someone that
knows you and what's in your car. Or another idea, you could install a car alarm with a pager that goes off when the alarm
is triggered. Did you have a alarm? Just curious what did they take from your car? Were any other can broke into?

Well, call me stupid but somehow I allowed this to happen to me again. My car was broken into again and once again all they did was shuffle through my glovebox and did not take anything. Of course I never followed through with buying a new camera. I got the bastards on video again and there are some decent shots of their body. I'll post pictures later. The one dude was wearing a Girly backpack and was really skinny. The other dude was wearing a camo sweatshirt. This time the police actually want the video for their records.

So now I am going to take the plunge and put hopefully a decent camera on my charge card.

I'd like to talk my HOA into a whole neighborhood DVR system with some nice cameras. I've already mentioned it to them and most of them think it's a good idea. It won't happen any time soon though because our funds are low right now.

two suggestions:

1. move.

2. Get a pit bull with aids and put it in the car or chained to the bumper.

Only follow step 2 if you don't do step 1 or if you move to a worse neighborhood than where you are now.

Back